Is the HTC touch HD worth its' price??!!

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by wardancer, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If your main purpose is to share a PMP with many people, then obviously the obvious choice is to get separate devices.

But the thing is how many people are willing to share? I know I definitely wouldn't. :p

Whether you are bothered to pause the video or not before you pick up a call, it's definitely extra work for you in the end.

I don't know about you, but I will buy devices that I will make use of the features, and sometimes I even 'try' to make use of it. :mrgreen:

2. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Get the Nokia 5800 then. Best for PMP. Good bang for buck too.
    Comes with a nice video-stand strap for u to easily share watching movies with friends. And it has a 16:9 aspect ratio screen which is awesome for movies. I'm using it now and the only thing I don't like about it is that it kind of lags when theme effects (ala iPhone but nowhere near as good) are turned on.

3. Chai

I used to fancy all these nice looking theme.

Today I finally revert back to stock, and everything seems so much faster.

4. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

You're also using the Nokia 5800? :D

5. Chai

Nope, still same old phone. But I guess it applies to all phones. The more garbage you install, the slower it gets. :haha:

6. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

LOL. Yup. True. Last time back in the days when I was using a standalone PDA, it was fun trying and using those add-ons and themes, even though made the PDA slower. But now, since it's gonna a be a PDA + Phone, cannot simply play about since need speed and reliability.

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

BTW, UOB is offering the HTC Touch HD for about RM 2,888.

8. Chai

I don't think it's worth it at all.

Wait for the next gen Qualcomm's 1GHz Snapdragon QSD2850 chipset based phones like the Toshiba one. I hope it will be more powerful than the current crappy 400-520MHz models.

9. Adrian Wong

No way to overclock the current chips? :think:

10. Chai

Not that I know of.

11. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

on a side note, i'm very keen to know the battery life on the upcoming Toshiba 1GHz monster. twice the speed and twice the battery drain? :think:

12. Adrian Wong

Not necessarily. The CPU is often just one part of the power equation. Lots of other stuff take up substantial amounts of power - LCD, transmitter, DSPs, etc.

13. Chai

And for such increase in clockspeed, they have probably shrunk the processor to reduce chip size and power consumption.