IT workers are "worst dressed" employees

Discussion in 'News' started by aKho, Nov 21, 2005.

1. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

i usually use a short sleeve silk tee and jeans.. :mrgreen:

source : http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27744

2. yhng

yhng Newbie

nonsense...we all dress very well. What makes them think we're not client focused? :evil:

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

LOL. actually it's quite true. Although we might think we do dress well, talk to a person from a fashion/design profession and they will tell you how sucky we all are, even in our best attire. :haha:

4. Jet

Jet Just Started

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :haha:
    I'm not in IT.. :mrgreen:

5. yhng

yhng Newbie

At least for all people I dealt with here in aus, I wouldn't say we dress badly at all.

Mismatching coloured socks and man made fibres? Pfft...it's harsh pointing the finger at the IT industry. No people I dealt/worked with wears light coloured socks with dark slacks...and man made fibres? Let me see those fashion gurus ironing a pure cotton shirt everyday.

Messy hair or ponytail execs maybe...bad choice of clothings? I doubt so.

6. yhng

yhng Newbie

Lol, I'd rather be in khakis and a singlet than an outrages pink shirt and grey suit topped with a bow. :haha:

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. I must admit I'm quite a bad dresser. Must improve on this score. Advice please!!! :mrgreen:

8. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

IT professionals dress for comfort, not for a fashion show. Imagine wearing a shirt and tie and slacks......

........... while working in a messy garage. Hee.. :D

Ok, that's a little bit exaggerating the point, but well, I have this one friend who wears shirt and slacks ALL the time...

... even when he wears his Man United jersey... tucked into SLACKS! Omigosh that's the worst fashion sense ever. And yeah, he's an IT guy.

9. yhng

yhng Newbie

Wear a pink shirt, grey suit and a bow tie? The fashion gurus bound to love you :p

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Err.. Let me be more precise - practical fashion please! :mrgreen:

11. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

fashsion designers... blah .. waste of money & resources..

dress simple .. enough :hand: as long as comfortable .. work productivity will increase...

i hate wearing slacks :hand: ..

12. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

light colored socks with dark slacks.. messy hair.. oooohhh that's me. :oops:

13. vien

vien Newbie

Ermm judging from most of the men in my office (I'm in the I.T. industry), yes they are basically all in collared t-shirts and baggy pants, not to mention the signature backpack or notebook bag :mrgreen:

And their t-shirts mostly have I.T. brand names on them, but still I find the ladies dress pretty good although they are also in the I.T. industry :shifty: maybe it's just the men...

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LMAO! Yup, djspinnet is right. I dress because I feel comfortable, not because I'm forced to wear certain cloths. I'm doing some labour work, certainly not very suitable if I wear shirts with ties...

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

DYKT: I just bought another collar T? :haha:

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

unless there was an event to attend, otherwise i would just wear pants (short + long) + slipper to work.

comfortable! :thumb: feel like just home

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

ask her go holland la..basket..
    save those extra and donate for charity even better

wonder does she have any saving? :think:

18. That's untrue in my company...

We work in a casual dress environment, most people are wearing jeans and at-shirts, yet we are required to wear dress shirts, shoes and no jeans, and.

And here is proof IT people are NOT the worst dressed a phot of a rather well dressed IT guy :)

[​IMG]

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I'm no IT guy I guess. Just a reviewer. :p

I only wear polo tshirts and short sleeve shirts with jeans or baggy khaki pants/shorts... :mrgreen:

20. fyire

fyire Newbie

Interesting incident once early this year. I normally tend to just show up at various client offices in Tshirt and jeans, unless its an important meeting lar...

Got asked by by this senior manager about my choice of attire. So I asked him to compare us against those some other CONsultants in his office dressed in suits but continously failed to deliver anything at all, and asked which would he prefer, appearance or results? Never bugged me on it since :)