It's been a really bad day...

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Maybe 'Kill Bill' for a bit of inspiration? "Wiggle your big toe....wiggle your big toe" :haha:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Day 214

The day after Jenny managed to move her toes a little, I noticed that she was also now able to move her foot a little! :shock:

The left foot was now able to move downwards. This was not evident when I checked the day before. So it's a new development. How odd!

As exciting as this new development is, it doesn't help her foot drop as it doesn't allow her to lift her foot, only to push it down further. Still, a step forward.

These developments are giving her new hope, and spurring her to take her own therapy a little more seriously. :thumb:

To encourage her further, and to push her to be more sociable, I've decided to take her to Australia for a short holiday early next month. As it so happens, my godsister and her family is going to Melbourne, so we'll be tagging along. It should be a good opportunity for her to get out of the house and actually do something.

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Good news, she can and she will do it! :clap: :pray:

A walk in a park out there will be great too!

Anyway keep us posted for the development. We will have all the support for you and Jenny.

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

NICE!

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Take pictures and have fun! :beer:

6. Adrian Wong

She claims the third toe moved a little, but I haven't had the time to check. It could be reciprocal movement from the first two toes... :think:

7. The_YongGrand

That's quite a progress! Let's hope for the bestest recovery! :pray: :thumb:

8. Adrian Wong

We are not sure yet. Which is why I didn't quite announce it. Haven't had the time to actually check. Been so busy preparing for the trip... :wall:

9. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Yo, seems to be a while since I checked on the development, but I could see that there has been some good progress, all the best !

Hopefully we can have BBQ by the end of this year :D

10. Adrian Wong

11. Adrian Wong

Day 246

We have great news!! :beer:

Dr. Lau called us up a few days ago to arrange another angiogram. If you guys recall, the last angiogram showed that the AVM had shrunked in size by itself. We are all hoping that it will spontaneously regress by itself, so we can avoid going in to to embolize it again.

We went in early this morning for the angiogram, hoping for the best, and out came Dr. Lau who told me right away that the AVM had completely fibrosed. It's gone for good! :beer: :beer:

He showed the pictures to me, which looked very good. I could see the part which he embolized earlier, but where the remaining AVM was, appeared to have collapsed on itself.

Conclusion - she no longer has to worry about another bleed from her AVM! :beer:

12. The_YongGrand

It is very good news, we must all pray that she will have complete recovery! :beer:

13. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

congratulations to u, jenny and ryan!!! It is an excellent news to welcome our next BBQ :D

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: good to hear good news! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

15. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

now .. where is this 'like' button that I can press ...

16. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Good news indeed. Now, have a great summer! :beer:

17. Adrian Wong

Thanks, guys! It's a real relief after so long.

Everytime she has a headache, even a mild one, we all get a little worried. Now she doesn't have to worry, and we can let her drive.

Those who can make it for the BBQ will be able to see how far she has come. :beer:

18. The_YongGrand

It's nice to hear that everything is all right and good! :beer:

19. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

More like asking whether anyone can tell whether there's any difference before and after that day 1... hehe...

20. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Well, not everyone has seen her recently. Seriously, she looked really bad especially after surviving the long ICU stay.

We bumped into a friend at the hospital a few days ago. She last visited Jenny while she was recovering in the ward 7-8 months ago, and she was amazed at how Jenny looked.