Jammed laser printer?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by The_YongGrand, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I'm using a duplex laser printer now.. Can't tell you how useful it is! Plus it saves paper!

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Same problem as my printer then! But I never bothered to get it fixed. Cos I got it initially to get cheaper per-print cost for uni project work, but got defective after I started working (where you can also print with company printers :shhh:) . :)

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I just got my Final Year Project printed all out a long ago before it gives up now! It was a lucky thing that it broke a bit sooner, rather than dying near the project submission period.:whistle:

4. peaz

always a good reason to get a new printer :D My photo printer also just died. So now considering a A3 Photo printer.. Epson R2000... Hmmm ahhaha

5. The_YongGrand

I got myself a Brother HL2240D. I can't seem to find the drum for my old printer as all of these costs like a new one, so I have to get another new printer.

At least I'm sending it back to the Disposal Counter in the All-IT Hypermarket in The Curve later! (I bought the printer from Harvy Norman, in The Curve back then!):whistle:

6. peaz

Well done! Now you can get one with wifi connectivity. That's one heck of a real convenience man to be able to print wirelessly!

7. Adrian Wong

I'm definitely getting one like that next time! Or at least one that has network capabilities. Hooking up to USB is only useful if no one else in the house needs to print! :wall: :wall:

8. peaz

Yea. Wifi printing is definitely the way to go!

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL, I'm always a wired person. I have used Wifi on my desktop for awhile. I gave up on the speed and connection consistency and climb up the roof to rewire LAN cable. :haha:

10. peaz

Haha. Well, Wired desktop is fine (or you can try using those Ethernet over Power, its not bad) but networked printing it's just really convenient. Wired or wireless.. :)

11. Adrian Wong

Yeah, as long as it's networked!!! :D

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

We have wired network printer at home and it is definitely the choice. :mrgreen:

13. Adrian Wong

That was the mistake I made.. Sigh.. I went for duplex printing for my all-in-one laser printer but forgot about the networking feature!! Some more cannot upgrade.. Sigh..

Learned from that mistake though and our clinic has a networked laser all-in-one printer. :thumb:

14. The_YongGrand

I read that there is a thing called "mini print server", which converts the network cable to the usb port to the printer.

I've never seen those here, unfortunately. Or they are actually sold here? :whistle:

15. peaz

Some NAS or Routers actually have such features nowadays, but nothing beats a native network support on the printer itself. Ensures maximum compatibility of the drivers.

16. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I have seen it on catalog when my company was looking to parallel port print servers. So yeah they are selling those

17. Adrian Wong

I will have to get one of those! :thumb: