K8T800 Pro vs NF3

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Chai, Dec 28, 2004.

1. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

is the k8n neo4 just as good of an overclocker as the neo2?

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

This is NF3 vs K8T800 Pro thread, not NF4. :D

3. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

:roll:

Yeah,,, But I like the way this thread is going... :think:

I'm kinda thinking about n-force 4 myself for an upgrade pretty soon. My thinking is to get pci x because my vid-card needs retired also. :think:

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Cool... :wicked:

I'm on wait and see mode for that... :p

5. Chai

No one has first hand experience with NF4 board...

But it should be very similar to NF3.

6. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

so basically it's just the same nf3 with added pcie?

7. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

i think it's my fault since i started the k8t890pro thing too. :cry:

8. Chai

LOL! Don't worry about going off topic, not exactly off topic, really. :D Just that they are both very new, probably no one has experience using them.

1 person likes this.
  9. popm8

popm8 Guest

Why nVidia ???

nForce 2 surprised everyone with its unique capabilities , options, stability ,oc, support etc

nForce 3 followed ...

That's why everyone thinks that nVidia is better than VIA

If I were to choose between VIA and nVidia I would choose nVidia (but not nForce 3) ...
    nForce 4 looks very interesting and I think it's going to be a great chipset ...

10. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

the Nforce4 brings SLI and PCIe to the AMD party.

It's not just as 'nf3 with added PCIe'. Read Nvidia's techincal spec sheets and PDFs for better understanding :mrgreen:

11. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

:roll:

Post a link! :) :drool:

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

13. my brother changed to nf4 ultra :thumb: because the video card is cheaper as pcie :thumb:

with the advent of pcie for amd, i think anyone who wants to get a new computer should get either the k8t890 or the nf4... nf3 is outdated...already :thumb:

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

NF3 isnt outdated... :mrgreen: NF2 would be considered as outdated. But NF3 would still be pretty much in use... :mrgreen:

15. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

that's true, however, I think nforce4 mobo is still a bit expensive right now. It should be dropping down soon. NF3 still got pretty good life in it, combine that with the socket 754, it's pretty good performance yet not that expensive setup.

16. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

well not really. nf3150 was pretty horrible.

17. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

isnt dfi gonna be the only manufacturer making s754 nf4's?
    aww well i dont really see the use as s754 isnt really catering for the enthusiast market anymore... unless you want the fastest sempron ever.

18. Chai

What unique capabilities, options, stability, support? :roll: Soundstorm, that's probably the only one I can think of... Stability? You have probably not used some of the features on your NF7-S. The BIOS is buggy, the SATA is problematic (from the first version at least). What support are you refering to???

NF3 followed? Have you heard of NF3 150 chipset? :mrgreen: What so unique about NF3? This is what I've been saying. Because everyone thinks that NF3 is good simply because NF2 was good! :shock: :roll: This is so ignorant... NF4 is probably going to be the same. It's always about the brand, isn't it? ;)

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I agree with Chai. ;)
    The NF3 150 was sooooo poor...

20. Chai

I didn't say Nforces are bad chipsets, it's just that NF3 is not that MUCH better than K8T800 Pro as most people think. I still have a tough decision to make, Epox 9NDA3+ or Asus A8V Deluxe? Both using different chipsets. ;)

Even NF4 is nothing great, other than SLI. More useless features like SATA2, none of today's HDD can even reach SATA1 speed, including SCSI HDDs! :mrgreen: