K8T800 Pro vs NF3

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Chai, Dec 28, 2004.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

When i decided to get the NF3 250GB, VIA was a bit behind at that time. So it was a no brainer for me. When I sold the crappy MSI board, I just grabbed the DFI as I kinda liked the NF3 250GB board. It was getting a lot of attention then too...

2. yeah, being hailed as one of the best 754 ocing boards...too bad it's only for s754...

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, in my opinion it prolly is... :mrgreen:

4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Other then PCIx video cards. Are there any other PCIx cards avalible yet,,, sound, network, tv tuner, etc etc. :think:

5. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

it's PCI-E. X is just normal version of pci. so yes there are alot of PCIX cards ;)

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

yup. Correct.

I think Trin meant PCIe cards....

I dont think I've seen any other ones... :think:

7. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

well for pci-e, there's nothing yet. but i would imagine there could be dedicated pci-e usb2.0 cards or firewire.

8. Trinity

Yeah,,, PCIe,,, My bad. :doh:

If I where to get a pci express mobo I would like to have options avalible. :think:

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Don't worry, PCIe is a relatively new standard and only represents a small market segment. Give it a while and it should catch on.. ;)

10. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

arent the nforce4's just PCI-E graphics, all the rest is normal pcix?

11. Trinity

Hmmm back to topic... (or at least a little closer) kekeke. :)

Hey pSy,,,

I just read in an other thread (dfi vs abit) I think.

And you said you did not like your MSI neo 2 plat. :think:

Now I thought that board was one of the best. In fact I was gonna probably get an MSI nf4... But now with all this debate... I am thinking just to get an Asus pci express mobo.

But I have a friend who is gonna get an agp 939 mobo, And I told him to get the MSI... He likes it... But he's really an Asus fan... He does not really care about nf3-vs-via...

Do you think this would be better than the MSI? Errm,,, :think: Other's feel free to comment. :)

"ASUS "A8V Deluxe" VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU ".... :think: :think: :think:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, its not really mine. But I built the system for a good friend. MSI's boards can get really cranky... :doh: We get weird things like the PC not starting properly on the first attempt. It not being able to run Samsung TCCDs when I set the timings to 2-2-2-5 with the right voltage... But there aren't a lot of other NF3 250 939 boards out there. I don't really know about VIA's offerings but I heard their drivers are a tad problematic sometimes. But back to the MSI NF3 250 socket 939, I wanted to get an ASUS one but I didnt know if it was the new revision (the old one didnt have a pci lock). But my recommendations would be to stay away from MSI.. I dont even want to begin to convey the anguish my MSI K8N Neo Platinum gave me. :doh: i.e wont boot up at the overclocked settings sometimes (stable of course). My DFI handles them flawlessly. ;)

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, that's the board I'm planning to get. :D So it's gotta be good... :whistle: :mrgreen:

MooCow: PCI-X are not normal PCI!

Standard PCI has a bandwidth of 33MB/s.

14. Trinity

"Yup, that's the board I'm planning to get. So it's gotta be good..."

:roll:

What board did you decide on Chai?

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LOL! I bet... :p

16. Chai

LOL! I thought my post would go after Trinity's... :p

I'm refering to ASUS A8V Deluxe. No need to go for the Wifi-G version if you don't need it. :D

17. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Asus AV8 Deluxe?

18. Trinity

:roll:

I think I will suggest the av8 to my friend later today. :)

19. Chai

Don't get confused by the name!

ASUS A8V Deluxe
    Abit AV8

;)

20. Trinity

:roll: :doh:

Yeah, the Asus... :)