Life Span of O/C Processors

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by rocketmen2k5, Apr 30, 2006.

1. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

wad's the suppose to mean?

2. Hahaha!!! I don't know myself!! I just felt like the way that smiley looked!! :haha: Or maybe I had nothing really to say... :haha: :haha: :mrgreen:

3. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

... (-_-)"

4. aussie FX

aussie FX Newbie

Have you lived in Melbourne?:lol:
    I lost a 68cm tv and 2 surround sound amplifiers in three months after they privatised over there!
    Give me Perth power anyday, although
    I did lose a bios on a A8V deluxe last week due to an outage while flashing. Ouch. Anyone know where to get a bios chip reflashed in Perth:beer:

5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Try asking around at OCAU or Whirlpool forums, lots of helpful people there who may be able to help with a hot flash.

I used to live in Singapore though, and over there I can only remember one power outage in my entire life. This year alone I've already been through 3 :wall: :nuts:

6. aussie FX

aussie FX Newbie

Now an AMD FX- processor is a different proposition! :mrgreen:

What about being able to up the multiplier without upping the voltage?
    The FX's have the unlocked multiplier (upwards) which enable you to take an FX-53 (2.4ghz) to an FX-55 (2.6ghz) to an FX-57 (2.8ghz) with a simple bios change 12x to 13x to 14x, the only thing it is dependant on, is the quality of the silicon.
    As you know all processors from the same family are speed binned, and the only difference is the quality of that particular chip, to clock higher.
    Therefore does overclocking an FX chip by raising its multiplier, really qualify as overclocking?:nuts:

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

So yea, of changing multipliers qualifies as OCing... :D

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

What does "over" and "clock" mean to you? And back in those days, we always overclock using multipliers.

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I OC'd my p3 using the multiplier too.. :D

10. Chai

Can't be. Some Pentiums, all Pentium 2 and above are multiplier locked. :D

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Keyword = some.... :mrgreen:

My PIII 800MHz had an unlocked multiplier.

My cousin's P4 1.8GHz was multiplier unlocked too. Some rare ones dont get cut all the way I guess. :mrgreen:

12. Chai

No no...some Pentium meaning only the Pentium '1' series, anything newer are locked.

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea I know that. And I also know a few rare ones are unlocked for some odd reason. But yea, my PIII was unlocked and I know my cousin's P4 is unlocked too (I built the PC for him.)