List of Notebooks and Tablet PCs with 90% sRGB coverage (and greater)

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by atwl77, Aug 27, 2013.

1. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Hard to find any definite source other than individually check individual reviews on certain sites (Notebookcheck, Anandtech, etc)... so I thought why not start a list here for easy reference?

Here are a couple that I can remember right now:

* Dell XPS 13 ultrabook (FHD version only)
    * Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition (FHD version only)
    * Lenovo Thinkpad W-series
    * Lenovo Y500
    * Sony Vaio Duo 13
    * Asus Taichi 21
    * Asus Taichi 31

2. jerrien19888

jerrien19888 Banned

lenovo y500 is best !:?

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Here's an older notebook - Sony Vaio VPC-EB4X1E/BQ (FHD)

And a current notebook - the ASUS G750JW-DB71 (17.3").

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, talking about this, is there a real advantage of having high sRGB coverage?

I was having trouble buying a good color calibrator that works with high color gamut display, fortunately, the display that I got isn't high color gamut model because they are much cheaper. :haha:

5. Adrian Wong

For photo editing, I think it's best to pair any notebook with a proper LCD monitor. Most notebooks have cheap TN panels, which makes colour gamut a laughing point.. LOL!

6. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I think a TN screen is still fine for photo editing as long as it still covers at least sRGB, has excellent delta, has good contrast and very low black point; only you are limited to rooms or areas with minimum glare and reflection.

And sRGB coverage is not really considered wide gamut yet, only when you start exceeding 100% sRGB and approach Adobe RGB but this is only necessary if you are into commercial work.

7. Adrian Wong

Well, that has to be a really good TN panel, which isn't what I see on most notebooks. Plus, the narrow viewing angle generally means the colour "runs" if you move too much.

8. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Based on reviews, Sony's Triluminous screens seem to have very good gamut, covering >90% sRGB. So all their Vaio laptops with these displays will quality for this list, e.g.

* Vaio Duo 13
    * Vaio Pro 11
    * Vaio Pro 13

The new Vaio Pros do look very nice, but too bad about the maximum 256GB SSD storage. 512 would be nice...

9. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member