Looking for a set of 2.1 speaker

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dashken, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I'm looking for a 2.1 speaker around RM100-200+ (~USD50). More into playing games, watching movies and listening to music.

Which one do you guys recommend?

Thanks. :D

P/S: People seems to be recommending this Edifier R401 as an all-rounded speaker. Any comments? It's currently selling for RM120 (USD30) I think. :think:

[​IMG]

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hahahahaha! If you are not into one of these, What else can you be interested in??? :haha:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

ROTFL!!! True... True....

*coughs* wants to hear the audio fidelty of all that is pink....

4. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

doesn't look very spacious.. :think:

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

watch

p
    o
    r
    n

6. Chai

I'm already assuming that movies =
    p
    o
    r
    n
    :whistle:

7. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

More money, But I would try to get the Klipsch 2.0 set!

KICK ASS!!! :)

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! Aiyo... no recommendation at all? :doh:

I never watch pink with speakers la. :roll:

Klipsch? Expensive... :|

9. Chai

Watch with headphones? :wicked:

10. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

can consider altec lansing ATP3, it's an old model but it still sounds solid! :wave:

[​IMG]

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

whoa so selfish watch alone.. :mrgreen:

12. aKho

i guess not much of a choice if looking for 2.1 speakers less than rm200. the brands to go for includes altec lansing, edifier, labtec and sonic gear.

i'm using a cheap labtec 2.1 set i got for around rm120 which i'm quite happy with. :mrgreen:

but imo, the best brand to go for would be altec lansing, they look pretty cool, not too expensive and sound good enough for the average pink viewer.. :whistle:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

So, you guys never listen to Edifier R401 in action? :think:

Chai, can go lowyat and listen? At the showroom... :mrgreen:

Dunno why many people at Lowyat forum recommending this one... :think: Somemore the subwoofer is made of wood. :think:

ATP3... my friend bought that a while ago, but now I dun fren him nomore... so cannot go his house and listen. :shifty:

Watch pink of coz watch with headphones la. If watch with speakers, you want my whole family to join me is it? :haha:

sunsetbay: You own an ATP3? :D

14. aKho

later i going out will check on this edifier r401.. see sound nice or not... :mrgreen: evening let you know result...

15. Chai

LMAO! How can you ask me to test the speakers for you??? And you know how ridiculous my demands can be sometimes... :haha:

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Thanks!!! :beer: :hug:

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! Mine ridiculous also la... but most of the time, I think with my pocket, not my brain. :mrgreen:

Thinking of getting the Philips SHP895 (RM170) or a Sony headphone or a speaker. Hmm... I wish I'm richer and can part with my $$$ easier. :think: But have to save... :|

18. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

i dun use ATP3, im using the one on my avatar. :p i 'd listened to ATP3 many times before, for the price now at S$69 abt RM$160, i think it's v worth the money! few yrs ago it cost more S$100!! :silenced:

19. aKho

ok back from shop. i had a look at the edifier r401, m330 and the altec lansing atp3. at first, when the r401 was plug-in, it was emitting a crunching noise for a few seconds. i then crank it up to full volume and the crunching noise came back again, for a few seconds only. i then tried the m330 (recommended by the shop ppl) and had no problem with it. having both edifiers blasting at full volume, the difference in sound quality not very obvious. both sound great.

but between the two, i'll go for the m330. price is only around rm20-40 extra and it looks way cooler. i still think r401 is too blocky and bulky.

the atp3 can't carry bass very well when compared with the edifiers...

[​IMG]

source : http://www.inter-asia.com.my/products_page/M Series/M3300.htm

20. aKho

the pricing goes :-

edifier r401 - rm205
    edifier m330 - rm245
    altec lansing atp3 - rm205

way cheaper in KL... my choice for a 2.1 speaker...EDIFIER M330! :thumb:

oh yeah.. the shop was also offering soundblaster x-fi xtreme music soundcard for rm420... :mrgreen: anyone interested? i think the cheapest you can get in KL is around rm445? supposedly this audio card will speed up gaming by 15-40%? :drool:

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=208&product=14066

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005