Looking for cameras? Post all questions here!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dashken, Jun 5, 2005.

1. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

hm..one thing about panasonic cameras tho....u get A LOT of noise when shooting in dark..

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Any camera has poorer noise level in dark! :mrgreen:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Have to wait a bit, not enough money... :mrgreen: I found a shop selling for RM1600, a 512MB SD card should be around RM160, that totals to a RM1760. :D

Chai... KL selling cheaper? :think:

Dun bluff... :wicked:

4. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

Canon surely :D

Not because I sell them, of course. Because they're really really good. Honest. Buy it from me if you want ;)

5. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

I think he meant if compared to other brands.

6. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

i'm saying lumix cameras are extra sensitive....even when i take pics late afternoon where there's still light, i can see lots of noise....i tried other cams before and the noise levels weren't as bad...

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Can you set the ISO sensitivity in the Lumix? Maybe it's been set high.

8. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

yeah...the lowest u can go is 80...i tried 80 and the noise level is still disappointing...

9. -seek-

-seek- Newbie

If you don’t want it noisy put the camera on a tripod and lower your ISO.

10. -seek-

-seek- Newbie

11. Chai

He already using ISO80. Maybe you can try using noise remover program.

12. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

RM3.5k in Times Sq, Rm3.4k if you know how to haggle :)

1 person likes this.
  13. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's cheap. :wall:

14. Chai

That's just RM100+ difference when we bought our D70 more than 5 months ago! I certainly enjoyed the camera during the last 5 months, it's worth far more than RM100! :thumb:

15. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

noise? :oops:

Care explaining to this noob? :haha:

16. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Thanks Jenny, must try that. :beer:

17. -seek-

-seek- Newbie

Maybe he means blurry? I have heard of some cameras doing this. My Canon 20D will sometimes will get white dots in parts of the image when shooting at night. But you have to remember all camera’s have bugs even the expensive ones.

18. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Actually it depends on where you look for, and how low can you haggle with the shop owner... :)

It's Jinny :)

19. Chai

Just to let you know that the noise in the same ISO sensitivity on different camera is very different. So even at ISO80, your EOS20D at ISO400 may be even better.

I'm not sure if white dots are common, it may be defects on your camera. Because hot pixels when shooting long shutters are normally not white dots.

20. -seek-

-seek- Newbie

Not to start a debate here but it’s quite obvious that the noise in all cameras is different as far as with ISO and none ISO related issues… they are all different cameras after all.

My 20D renders white dots just like all 20D’s in dark shoots. We have been discussing this on our forums for awhile now.

But thank you for your input, Chai! :D