Looking for PC mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kelly1321, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think I maxed it out. Did I do something wrong? I asked Jason but he said that's the maximum I can go.

When I move to my new place, I intend to hook it up to a monitor, but I "fear" that will mean a lot more movement to traverse the higher resolution.

2. Adrian Wong

Generally, if you move slowly, the mouse driver should disable acceleration for greater accuracy.

In Windows, I use a pointer speed of 7/8 with Enhance pointer precision enabled. I don't use Snap To though... I actually find it annoying. LOL...

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think you may not understand this.

But as a gamer, the worst nightmare is unpredictable level of acceleration, especially shooters.

I'm talking about angle snapping.
    angle snapping | Mark's Devblog

I think this site covers everything I wanted to say.

4. Adrian Wong

Well, that's why gaming mice have quick switch buttons to toggle changes in acceleration. I have to say though that acceleration really helps minimize movement, especially if you don't have enough table real estate.

Oh, okay, I thought you were talking about snap to.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

This is not true as well. Just use high DPI mode permanently like I do now. It is still quite precise and very little mouse movement.

6. Adrian Wong

Oh CRAP! I don't know why I keep saying acceleration when I was referring to DPI! :wall: :wall: