Malaysia - Land Of The Body Snatchers

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It's truly amazing the lengths to which people will stoop for monetary and/or (dubious) religious gains. Only in Malaysia do we spend taxpayers' money on police and religious officers who do nothing but snatch bodies to be buried under another religion. Only in Malaysia do we have people surreptitiously converting their relatives just to get hold of their material wealth. Only in Malaysia is body snatching not only legal, but getting more and more common.

Just take a look at the recent case of a Chinese man, who is not only a practising Buddhist all his life but also paralyzed and mute after suffering a stroke. When he died, his Muslim-convert son suddenly announced that his father also converted to Islam just before he died.

In one fell stroke, all his father's property and material wealth goes to this one son because according to Malaysia's Sharia laws, property of a Muslim cannot be inherited by a non-Muslim although the reverse is naturally possible. His father's body was also snatched by the police during his funeral, even though the paperwork on his "conversion" was suspect, to say the least.

Take a look at some excerpts from the press :

And here is a letter from the family of the deceased :

I've also attached the scanned conversion documents from Dr. Hsu's blog. Take a look and you will also wonder whether the documents are even legit...

Incidentally, here's a related piece on the issue of inheritance of a Muslim vs. a non-Muslim in Malaysia :

Okay, now time for my personal opinion of the matter.... My own 2 sen.

IMHO, this is a bloody waste of everyone's time. Two separate legal system? Two sets of laws? Which idiot came up with this stupid idea?

The police cannot even find a missing girl after so many weeks. They cannot even find a serial rapist-murderer of little girls. And they have the time to go body snatching??? Where is their sense of priority???

Why the hell should someone's religious convictions or lack thereof be of any concern to a government? GTFO, IMHO. I believe that one's religious convictions are between God and the person. Whether the man really converted or not, let his family decide. Why the hell should the government even get involved?

And what's this nonsense about Muslims not being allowed to bequeath their property to non-Muslims??? Anyone who has worked hard for his/her property has the ABSOLUTE right to bequeath his/her property to any person he/she wants. Who are YOU to tell me who I cannot give my property or material wealth to? GTFO.

IMHO, we Malaysians need to start speaking up against injustice. We need to tell the government to shove it. Enough is enough. There should be ONE LAW for everyone. Everyone should be allowed to bequeath his/her property to ANYONE he/she fancies. We should not settle for anything less.

I have nothing against any religion. If anything, I think we should put ourselves in the other person's shoes. Would you like to be treated this way? I rest my case.

Incidentally, here's a good piece by Dr. Hsu on the subject :

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wow... that's pretty strange! Why on earth did they do that anyway? He didn't intend to convert at all right? :wall:

3. Adrian Wong

Well, his eldest son claims he did. But he wasn't the one who took care of him. None of his family, who actually took care of him during the last two years, were even aware of his "conversion".

Look at the documents. There was supposed to be a religious official present during the conversion, but she didn't sign the document. Where was she?

Anyway, I highly suspect it's all about inheritance. If our Sharia laws can do away with restricting Muslim inheritance only to Muslims, I tell you... you won't see so many body snatching. It's ALL about the money. :hand:

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I say there should be religious tolerance on both sides. Increase understanding. At least thats what they do with my family (hindus, buddhists, and muslims all in one big happy family - everyone freely communicates about everything including religion - plus poking holes in each other lmao).

The problem is that most people from both sides are xenophobic. Not all. I personally love culture and have always seeked out to learn and experience it (something widely commended in our religion but unfortunately rarely explored - tolerance comes out of this ultimately).

As for inheritence, it is our belief unfortunately.

For it to pass on, one must make a gift in their lifetime. In the case of insurance, its grey if taken from that standpoint (as the beneficiary was already named).

But like I said due to the xenophobic stereotypical nature of both sides the judge will rule one way (fairly or not I will not judge - not my place).

Not saying that I'm right or wrong, pointing fingers, or rendering judgement (I have no standing). :mrgreen:

I have no qualms with anyone (religion, ethnicity, and background are never a factor in anything I do). Those who know me really know this (I r teh 'bloody' American).

And when I say xenophobic, I talk about extremities from both camps (pro religion, pro anti-religion). I have always believe moderacy, tolerance, and understanding is paramount (non-imposing stance - what i believe is the 'True' spirit).

Its sad when I see this kinda thing happening. The overzealous and fanatics minority always make the majority of us look awkward.

As to who is wrong who is right? I won't say (not my place - not my issue). The authorities are responsible for that. Bad authorities? Well you get this BS.

It's an endless cycle.

So break the cycle.

5. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

i think the eldest son just wanna inherit all the stuff.. gee and he resort in this way =/ how pathetic

6. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. I didn't know that. Is it really written in the Quran that a Muslim cannot pass on any material wealth to a non-Muslim? :think:

In any case, I believe that this is not so much a case of religion as it is one of sheer greed and ignorance. Greed on the part of the eldest son, who arguably looks like he's just out for the inheritance. Ignorance on the part of the authorities who seem more interested in chalking up the poor man as a convert on their scoreboard, rather than his true religious convictions.

I personally do not care, one way or another, what someone believes spiritually or whether he/she converts. It's not "betraying one's race or culture" if you convert because you BELIEVE. However, I'm a big believer in self-determination and freedom of choice. I believe everyone of us have the right to decide what we want to believe in AND what we want to do with whatever we have earned.

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah its a both ways kinda thing.

A muslim can't inherit from a non muslim, and the other way around.

The way around that is they should be made a gift in the lifetime (which I tend to think that by listing a mother's name as beneficiary qualifies as such but I am no expert).

All this is (in my eyes at least) is a civil case with religion thrown into the foray to complicate things.

And I am with you on your last paragraph Adrian. :thumb:

8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Gosh, the documents are not even complete to be legally binding. Sigh....

9. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

this is crazy. Malaysia Boleh! :naughty:

10. Adrian Wong

One of the problem is there are TWO sets of laws. It's crazy. :nuts:

11. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Confirm the son wants the money la, disgrace