Malaysian TmNet StreamYx Optimization Guide

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Cereberus, May 25, 2003.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well, do you know why? Hmm... they get the same salary if they do their job, and guess what... they still get the same salary if they DON'T do their job. :D

So, why bother... it's not as if they will be promoted or anything. :dance: :whistle:

2. Brian

Brian Newbie

except for 1 problem. i've been at their house of internet 5 times and they always say my house got fiber bla bla bla so cannot. this march they say fiber can in the papers. my umm now say connot pulak. when the exams ended we went to the new house of internet and they say no terminal yet. wait 2 months :evil: :evil: :evil: :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

oh yeah heard of it before.
    they said adsl doesn't work with fiber optic and you need to have a converter (they called it pizza box, i donno why) to convert the signal pulse or something like that... that converter is expensive so they need to have a high demand before they will install one in your area.

brian: you can go to kedai telekom to check your distance from your house to the nearest streamyx exchange. that is the best thing you can do now, about the converter thingy, sorry lar..it's really out of our hands cuz it's kinda expensive.

anyway, it's 2:30pm now, and still no sign of the technicians coming.
    I guess I need to go to telekom now leh. :mrgreen:

4. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

is their service thru phone as bad as 1300-88-9515?

5. Brian

Brian Newbie

checked b4
    i think either 1.81km or 3.81km. yalar, stupid telekom. ask them for over 2 years liao but alwiz say cannot. btw, how was the visit? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

6. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

adsl doesnt work with optical fiber ? oh my... tmnet people told me it works with optical fiber...

sometimes the telekom has the guts to say ur hse cannot have adsl because the signal cannot reach ur hse... but the hse is right next to a hse who is also using streamyx...

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Bunch of lazy buffaloes.... :wall: :wall: :wall: :whistle:

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

they can work, but you need to have a converter. and that converter is very expensive.

9. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

hmm i thought the converter was to be fixed on their "torpedo-looking" switches? cos the fibre optic cables only connects those switches AFAIK and not to our houses....

10. Brian

Brian Newbie

i dunno,but i got the 'upgrade' to fiber in 1998, probably mine was a pilot project then. my internet connection speed dropped from 45,000 bps to 31,200 bps. then i want streamyx but cannot. now my apparent 'upgrade' sounds like a downgrade :roll: :mad:

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

yeah lar. that's my point lar. they need to have a high demand in your area before they will install one. you think they gonna install one converter on their "torpedo-looking" :mrgreen: switches because brain wants to install streamyx? :naughty: dun think so.

12. goldfries

hehe. must have demand only install, that's true in a way. but then they could just install it 1st then the demand will come in. :D

13. Brian

Brian Newbie

brain?
    lol :clap: :dance: :p :mrgreen:

14. goldfries

it's a common mistake. everyone does that mistake once a while.

15. Brian

Brian Newbie

i knowlar, it was meant as a joke :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

16. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

hmmm true.. if no demand, they would not install them.

anyway... fibre optic was quite a bad move by them back then as no one was ready to use that infrastructure.. even till today...

what a waste of money... could have laid cables instead like in the states...

17. goldfries

optimistic + no planning = useless decisions + more costs + losing out on opportunities.

18. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

haha... its like we all are anti tmnet... haha.. .!! anyone uses timenet or jaring ? how is their dsl ?

19. goldfries

i'm using MAXIS ADSL in office. so far so good.

why anti TM-net? cos
    1. 1300-88-9515, can never reach any soul on the other side.
    2. left 5 messages. 1 left to TMnet staff(they say diff from streamyx) and they never got back to me for 1month+ now. (remember my post about modem?)

so........just based on those 2 points, do you think they respect me as a customer?

your line down, nmind......your line slow, nmind.......at least when i call up, you have your people answer my queries, i am very understanding and of course i understand they infrastructure has imperfections and we can't do much about it..........BUT LEAVING ME WITHOUT ANY ANSWERS OR REPLY IS TREATING A CUSTOMER WITH NO RESPECT!!!

20. Brian

Brian Newbie

i use both, but not dsl, only dialup