Malaysia's Space Travel

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL!!!!! Typical kiasu attitude what. :haha: :haha:

If they had their way, they would want the flags pasted on everything from the asstronaut... to the toilet seat and the rocket boosters. :haha:

2. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

why not just send the big big flag up? no need human, only the flag, save cost, and people can even see the flag down here from earth.:nuts:

3. Adrian Wong

LOL!!!! Good idea. Maybe you can propose the government do that, instead of sending the second guy up. :haha: :haha:

BTW, it's a crackpot idea for the second guy to be the lead guy for the next "space mission" in 2010-2011. That's like 3-4 years down the line. What is our second-in-line going to do in the meantime? And who knows what will happen between now and then?

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

And even our neighbour (somewhere after Selat Tebrau) never thought of making any of the journeys to space, instead, getting their cities fixed for their visitors!! :haha: :haha:

Meanwhile, still pondering whether the travel will be value-added. Is it an investment, or a pure entertainment? :haha:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  5. Adrian Wong

Investment for BN, pure entertainment for Dr. Shukor, total loss for the Malaysian people. :roll:

6. Adrian Wong

This is what Jenny had to say about the whole affair :

7. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

LOL! :thumb:

i think it's time to send those idiots on a one way trip to space...and if they still managed to find a place to stay and reproduce, then we'll have a real case of Planet of The Apes.

8. The_YongGrand

If the industry still 'goyang kaki' (shake legs), I can't IMAGINE them building rockets. Heck, anyone can know the main company couldn't happen to produce proper cars (my Wira is one heck of a shoddy work, I must admit). My family's Ford Laser (sold already in 97) could beat Wira in terms of that quality, eventhough it is still chugging. :haha:

Rockets require a lot of brains to do it. Not that one uses air-bottles or the fireworks. It is a huge combustion work - a huge lift off.

And they are still slacking off. Why, why, why... they should get back to work, and put on the thinking cap. Dreams are a good thing, but working on it will be better. Not just building castles in the air (or up in the galaxies). :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

9. Adrian Wong

IMHO, we should send Bodohwi and his Son-In-Law on a one-way trip to outer space. I think many Malaysians would contribute for that noble cause. :thumb: :thumb:

10. Adrian Wong

China's getting ready to launch a man to the moon. But our Prime Minister is still dreaming that spending that much money to send one space tourist up means we are on par. :nuts:

11. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

so, when are we going to do it? :thumb: :haha:

12. Adrian Wong

Still praying for it. Hoping he will ask to be the first Prime Minister to go into space. Then WE pay the Russians to leave him there. :haha: :haha:

13. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

and best of all, Dr. Shukor said he "think" he might enjoy the trip to the space.

mofo! the country dun pay 25mil for him to "THINK"!

14. Adrian Wong

LOL!!!!! :haha: :haha:

Hmm.. Our "esteemed" Prime Minister who is, for once, apparently awake... says that many countries in Europe, Japan, etc. are interested in the results of our experiment.

I REALLY, REALLY wonder what they are interested in? Cause AFAIK, our spaceflight participant didn't do much. Maybe spin some tops... serve Malaysian food in space? Get radiated a bit? :haha:

15. The_YongGrand

They claimed that they fix the some sorta celluar thingy up the space. I wonder, DID the person have any experience whatsoever in those cell thing or not. And worse, he's a surgeon who fixes body parts, not cells! :haha:

I afraid they gonna do a stage show or anything else. But if they do that, phooey big-time to them. :mad:

That's not just only waste if they really want to send a 2nd one, but it is called squandering public funds instead. Yes, squandering public funds, and squandering our hard-earned money just to walk in zero-G.

Too bad, the country has already paid 25million for the expenditure of using brain cells, and neurons to neurons. Unless you can turn back time... :(

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  16. Adrian Wong

LOL! What can they fix in 11 days? Nah, it's all talk and no substance. That's what Badawi is famous for. :mrgreen:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  17. The_YongGrand

aNd worse, they got their experiments slightly spoiled during landing. Not to give discouragement, but at the very least a planning should be done before flying up in the Zero-G. :haha:

18. Adrian Wong

Must be due to the trouble they had landing. Apparently they underwent a stronger 8G fall instead of the usual 4-5G.

19. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

we have to pay a premium just to get airbags. ABS, ESP, Traction Control? Heh, pay more. Not on Protons AFAIK.

here we can't even have basic safety mechanisms for the general public yet we can have astronauts. hrmm.......... :nuts:

zero-G? the G here stands for GreyMatter. :)

btw a year 2005 show mentioned the BMW 3 series costs only 27k GBP. that's nice! :) 27k RM can't get you a Savvy.

20. Adrian Wong

Indeed! If we cannot even get the small things right, why waste money pretending to be better than we are?

China's getting ready to go to the moon. Maybe our "esteemed" Prime Minister will buy a spot on the flight. If so, can we then say we are better than the Russians?? :nuts: :nuts: :haha: :haha:

Just imagine what we could have done with the USD 25 million (RM 90 million) we wasted on this flight of glory? We could have used it to pay our underpaid, undertrained teachers and government servants.

How many people do we have in government service? 600K? RM 90 million would have given EACH government servant :
    - a lump sump of RM 150,000
    - an average pay raise of RM 12,500 for a full year
    - an average pay raise of RM 2,500 for FIVE (5) years!
    - an average pay raise of RM 1,250 for TEN (10) years!

With a pay increase of just RM 1,250 I think we can cut down on our government servants either moonlighting or taking bribes. Give them a RM 2.5K increase in pay and you can start to run things like they do in Singapore. ;)