Mi Pad

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by belikethat, Feb 10, 2015.

1. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

So, did anyone manage to grab a Mi Pad which was sold out in a minute earlier today ? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Mi Pad Spec
    Everything you love about Mi, now for tablets
    Harness the processing power of NVIDIA Tegra K1 and its 192 supercomputer-class GPU cores.
    Witness graphics come to life on a 7.9" IPS full HD display.
    Watch the video >
    RM 799
    Available in white only.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

No. As usual, it was over in a blink of an eye... LOL

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I don't trust Nvidia chips anymore. I knew it will sell like hotcakes, probably not as well as Mi3 though.

Their phones and powerbanks are very solid for its price, especially before the price hike. Thankfully I bought tons of spare.

Mi Pad should be equally good if not better.

4. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

I still have my Ipad3, see no reason to get another pad
    Dont play games except for Clash of clan. LOL

5. Adrian Wong

Believe it or not, I'm still using the original Apple iPad!!! :haha: :haha:

As dated as it is, it still keeps on going and going and going... :mrgreen:

6. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

yep tablet lifespan is much longer than phones :thumb:

but now more & more apps required the latest IOS :evil:

7. Adrian Wong

Yeah, but can't blame them for limiting the older devices to iOS 5 or iOS 6, because even with those versions, they are already feeling sluggish.

But I'm amazed that the original iPad is still chugging along so well... The old games still work well, and needless to say, it still plays movies and displays pictures as well as it ever did. :thumb: :thumb:

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I've wanted to get a tablet for a long time now but I still can't find a reason for it. What do you guys do with it that you can't do with a smartphone anyway, besides quieting down your child that is (since I don't have one yet)? :D

One thing though, it'd be very useful during traveling, watching movies and stuffs, but I travel only once in a bluemoon. :think:

9. Chai

If you have a big phone, I don't think you will need it. Probably for better battery life and watching movie. If you are finding reason for buying one, then you may not need it.

10. Adrian Wong

Well, back in the days when iPhones had a puny 3.5" low-resolution screen, a large tablet made a lot of sense. You can't do much work or read a lot on 3.5".

Now, with the higher-end smartphones coming with very high resolution screen at sizes of 4.7" to 5.5", tablets don't offer that much of an advantage any more.

I practically do everything on the iPhone 6 / Galaxy S6 / ZenFone 2 now.

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

True that... and you have 3 high-end phones. :roll:

12. Chai

Zen phone 2 is not exactly high-end.

I like compact devices, I have both 4.3 inch phone and a 7 inch tablet that I use everyday. I have stopped using my older 10 inch tablet due to it's size.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

13. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

Zen phone 2 should be high end phone already if you check the benchmark

14. Chai

You are right. I classified as mid range because of its price. Intel must be subsidizing a lot in order for Asus to price it so competitively.

15. Adrian Wong

No, I'm only using two at a time. It's impossible to juggle all three at once! :haha:

But I think the key thing is that they are connected to the network, so I can post my stuff directly.

I used to tether one phone to another but that drained their power which can be a problem if I go to more than one event at a time, so I finally got another SIM card to use.

I could use a tablet but it would be a little unwieldy to take photos and videos. That's why I'm sticking to the smartphones, even though they are harder to type on - fat fingers! :D

16. Adrian Wong

Yeah, the price is really low... for the features it offers.