Microsoft Surface 3 Pro

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by atwl77, May 21, 2014.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, there are virtually no customisable options these days. And you can no longer compare the prices for many of their products, like their business class notebooks or many of their monitors.

The only consolation is that their service seems to be still up-to-par.

2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Actually I find the size very interesting, we have one user using Surface Pro, main issue is the screen is kinda small and a bit heavy for business use. Another user using Sony Vaio 11 Hybrid which is utterly crap.

But a 12" screen is actually quite sufficient for corporate use. I would to see this succeed.

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well, no thanks to Steve Jobs with the introduction of iPads and also the fact that Dell bought back the company.

Everything is about cutting costs since then, fewer configs, so that the systems can be downloaded and shipped to warehouses and then configured by 3rd party. :boohoo:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Most US hardware companies are affected, not just Dell.

Look at HP or IBM... :faint: You should be glad there's no major job cuts yet. :pray:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Dell's major one just over. This or next quarter another one. :pray:

6. Chai

How major was that? 10k globally? :o

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

it should be most us "old tech" companies are affected.

8. Adrian Wong

It's a real shame because their online customisation feature really made them unique. :(

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

No idea, it was not publicized but a LOT. :confused:
    Yeah... but what to do, they think that's the best way moving forward. :boohoo:

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

plus low balling their own shareholders :shifty:

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL!!! No comment. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :haha:

12. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

13. Chai

Wow, starts from 2700...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

14. Adrian Wong

Yeah, the price is steep but Microsoft is targeting it not at tablets but at the MacBook Air. Which do you reckon is a better buy? :mrgreen:

15. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

It seems like they also switched from Wacom to N-Trig, not sure how well that will work. N-Trig pens also need that annoyingly rare AAAA batteries to run.

16. Adrian Wong

And there are no AAAA Eneloops, right? :think:

17. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Tablet Review - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

So... the stylus needs two different kinds of batteries to operate? WTF?

I really wanna like this thing -- good quality screen, good performance in an ultra-portable package, digitizer for Photoshop work...... but the price along with all the unexpected WTF-ness is a real turn-off.

18. Adrian Wong

Yeah, I can understand where they are coming from, but seriously, AAAA batteries are going to be extremely expensive, if not outright impossible to find....

19. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

w00t, 1.5 years since the OP and the SP4 is out. But o_O look at the price... I was looking at the cheapest 256GB offer, RM5799. Add the type cover and we're hitting over 6K already... but comparison-wise, I suppose that's also within the ballpark of the new Dell XPS 13. I guess the value of the RM also has a lot to do with it, so for now I'll be holding on to my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro a little while longer...

20. Chai

Yea, definitely affected by the currency exchange unfortunately.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk