Microsoft upset about ‘schizophrenic’ Vista research report

Discussion in 'News' started by generalRage1982hrv, Jul 30, 2008.

1. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

source: TGDaily

2. generalRage1982hrv

here we go again heehheheheh
    yeah vista sux but in some cases of good setup it can work even faster and with higher stability than xp

3. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Vista is like phenom. Better to ignore it's existance until the next product.

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Vista Ultimate X64 is much faster than XP ever thought of being and on stability few issues here :D

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I still feel that XP is faster and more stable than Vista 64.

6. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

That's because your running 2G ram :D

EDIT: Or did you change to 4G a while back :think:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

lol .. vista.. doesnt bring enough advatage for people.. besides,
    some corporation are not so up to date,

probably they still like running old softwares .. like maybe autocad 2000 .. LOL ..

most likely this older softwares wont run so well in vista,

as IT admins doesnt want to be in trouble when sometimes happens in Vista.

why fix/upgrade when it works well.

8. Chai

Check my specs. :) I upgraded to 4GB for Vista.

After using it for a few months, I still hate Vista. Slow, not very stable, takes up a lot of HDD space, HDD swapping.

I ran Vista for a few days, and it took up 2.6GB RAM not running any apps! I have no idea where the memory has gone to.

9. generalRage1982hrv

chai get your self tuneup utilities 2008 and you will control your system also download vtune and setup instalation (remove most of programs drivers and rest) and all will work just fine
    i done that and it is all runing great LOL

10. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Try playing an mp3 while using the latest microsoft office. It will stutter with SP1 and all the updates.

11. generalRage1982hrv

well never had any problems
    i had only problems with office beta

12. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmmm i guess it all differs from one to another. Vista to me is far better than XP. at least on my setup. It's stable 99% of the time except when I try to install something old that's not Vista-friendly, mainly old apps.

As for RAM, yup, Vista is built to use up as much RAM as possible. That's why it's faster (i thought we discussed this already in another thread). Very minimal file swapping for me. but maybe that's because I set my swap file on another physical drive that's designated to be my backup disk.

So apart from having probs with old devices (no drivers) and some old apps (i find most apps to work anyway), I like Vista. It's definitely an improvement over XP, significant enough for me as an OS.

13. Chai

Vista pre-fetch about 50% of the RAM at all times. I know that. But I don't see why it should take up a further 600MB more than usual, and HDD still swaps like mad, and this is on WD Raptor. Outlook will take up up to 600MB at times until I restart, and Outlook is not any faster other than when starting up.

Restarting Vista will solve this problem, but it will be slow again in about a week or so until I restart again. I remember running XP for a month without any issue until I need to restart it (usually driver updates or Windows update)

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

vista hates you :mrgreen:

so far vista has not given me any problem.
    i usually leave my pc on all the time except restarts because of updates or software installations.

15. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

used to dislike Vista, until SP1 came along.

SP1 fixes most of the issues. Several updates after SP1 have made this OS even more robust. Vista SP1, for me, is better than XP in term of stability and reliability. I have an 8GB setup here, and on average without any VM running it consumes 2.1GB of memory. page swapping is very minimal, and has neved bogged down the system.

Intead of shutting it down, i put it to sleep everyday. can't remember when was the last time i shut it down/reboot. really like its almost "instant on" capability, and I do not have to quit any apps prior to entering sleep mode. niceee

16. Chai

Maybe I install too much rubbish, VMWare, Virtual PC lol.

Just as I speak, my system just suffered a BSOD :|

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  17. generalRage1982hrv

well that is not good
    i would recomend you to get your self vlite (vLite - Windows Vista configuration tool) and edit vista

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Most likely the disk cache.

19. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Superfetch o_o/

20. Chai

LOL! I know something is wrong, so I ran Prime95, and BSOD. :lol: