Migrating to Australia - Thoughts & Advice?

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, it seems to be very cold. My uncle stays near Toronto, if I remember correctly.

2. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

Oh, you mean number to number. haha. well, calculating the figure given by papercut about the minimum wage, can get up to 120 per day, which can be 3600 per month.

i guess i also need to follow up on this thread, or else i knew nothing when reach Aus.. :lol:

Canada super cold la, dun play play. spring or autumn time, temperature can drop to 12-15 degree, winter dunno how to move at all...

3. Adrian Wong

Oh yeah, I forgot... You are also going over. :mrgreen:

Which part of Australia?? Do let me know how it goes when you actually get there. :D

4. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

Adelaide. :lol: :lol:

yup, will update once i familiarize that place. i am really looking forward to a better future there, might even consider staying there after graduation :mrgreen:

5. Adrian Wong

LOL!! Surely you aren't THAT disillusioned with Malaysia yet, right? :haha:

6. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

you have no idea how much my eccentric moral and malaysian studies lecturer had exposed us to the reality. :lol: :lol:

plus come back to Malaysia have to work for government for 3 years...:faint:

7. Adrian Wong

Huh? 3 years? What course are you taking up??

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

12-15C is just perfect! :thumb:

9. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I was yet to see any ceiling fans in Brisbane too! :haha:

When I had a vacation there, seriously, most of the time me and family are cooking our own lunch and dinner. :)

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I'd love that too. But if it happens to be like that for 3-4 months. I wonder if I can stand that long. I prefer in the range of 18-23C. :mrgreen:

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

taipei is a lovely place to live and work, not sure if you have ever considered it. communication might be a barrier, but if ang mo can live there, im sure you can as well (you are a chinese after all!)

besides, will bring significant contribution to ARP (in term of development and progress).

the little red dot is a great place to work, but life can be a quite flat here. (I already have two mushrooms growing ontop of my head) :shifty:

12. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

Bachelor of Pharmacy :mrgreen:

13. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

I think it's around $20 now (According to my Economics lecturer.).

14. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

Any pospect for software engineers in Australia? I wanna move to a place with cooler climate also leh :pray:

15. azza-bazoo

azza-bazoo Newbie

90-plus percent of the time I eat at home or a friend's place, yes. That said, whenever I do go to a restaurant they are busy.

Australian public transport varies by city -- it's generally much better than KL though not as good as, say, Hong Kong. On a train line or major bus route, services are every 10-20 minutes and run until about midnight, but late at night or in the far-out suburbs they can be few and far between. Living without a car is definitely possible if you choose where you live carefully; Perth is (I'd argue) better than the eastern cities on this front :)

In all of the major cities there's heaps of software work (I had no trouble finding a web development job), e.g. have a look at it.seek.com.au.

16. Adrian Wong

The little red dot = Singapore?? :haha:

Surely it's not that boring! :mrgreen:

Hmm.. Taipei. It's really not bad when I went over. they can speak Hokkien.. and I can do a little Mandarin. :haha:

But what will I do there? :think:

17. Adrian Wong

That would be a nice temperature, especially if there is enough humidity. :thumb:

18. Adrian Wong

SMART!! :thumb:

19. Adrian Wong

That good??? I wonder how much doctors make... :think:

20. Adrian Wong

LOL!!! You are indeed a pro-Perth guy! :haha: :haha:

Before I seriously consider migrating to Australia (or elsewhere), I will drop by a few key cities to check out the climate and living conditions. I guess Perth is a good place to check out too! :mrgreen: