mini small budget upgrade

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PowerSlide, Apr 24, 2014.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yeap they are pricey but not really over rated. Performance is good, quality is top notch and their mounting system is the best of all. Worth it if willing to pay the high price.

or should i consider AIO like corsair H105, H110 or swiftech H220..but in review these corsair will be noisy to match D15 :think:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If you check spcr, they are not that big fan of noctua products. The dual fan model can only match some single fan setup. I bought a noctua fan. It is quite expensive, and they are nothing special in terms of airflow and noise level. I much prefer the scythe gentle typhoon, too bad they don't make 140mm models.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

haha yea their fans are way too expensive..RM70 for a piece of fan? crazy! they set the example and all i see now is every other brands also start selling fans at RM70

not much choice here, only noctua the easiest to get other brands kinda dead here or just the AIO water coolers :?

4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Just get a close-up picture of your i-7 before you put your new cooler on please!:mrgreen:

5. Chai

I'm not sure which AIO water cooler is the best, but at least Swiftech allows future expansion if needed, like adding graphics card. But personally, unless you really want to go water cooling, I don't recommend it as it adds too much complexity.

6. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

7. Chai

Buying parts is the easiest part. Assembling, priming and removing air is probably the toughest part. And don't forget about leak test since it is a new setup.

I have my fair share of leaks even after many years of water cooling experience.

I would not recommend that at all since that's your only rig.

8. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

looks like alot of work

how bout maintenance like changing coolant all that?

9. Chai

It is a one time effort. After that, there's really nothing much to do. I only change coolant every few years, usually during a major upgrade. I think you probably need to clean the dust of the radiator and fans more often.

This is one of the reason why I recommend AIO kits. You don't have to worry about all the things I mentioned earlier.

10. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

im too lazy to do cleaning and maintenance, for few months when new i got the spirit to do it but later on will be too lazy to care for it

maybe stick to AIO or air cooling is better for me haha

11. Chai

Well, you still need to clear your heatsink once in a while. :mrgreen: It can get really nasty. Up to 10C increase depending on how bad it is!

12. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

heatsink i clean once every 3 month then 6 then 9 then a year and now 1 year++ :mrgreen: just too lazy :haha:

now just upgraded must remove whole thing then only clean it, if not i dont know when :mrgreen:

i think stick to air cooling now, considering phanteks TH-PC14PE or noctua D15

13. Chai

As long as the system doesn't over heat, should be fine, I guess... :haha:

14. Trinity

i-7 right? Stock speed not enough Lah?!?:p

15. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

never run into overheating or should i say i didnt pay any attention to it :mrgreen: as long it start i can use it its fine! :thumb:

trinity,

i7 4790K now oced to 4.5ghz..sweet spot for everyday youtube and web surfing..these need alot of computing power! :haha:

situation now, asked the guy sells the thermalright anddddd he recommend me to buy noctua :haha:

noctua D15 RM339, just drive 5 min and i can have it :thumb:

that phanteks, RM280 but need some postage and they guy got red colour! which look nice matching my motherboard..although i dont care how it look but my feminine side saying the matching colours looks good :mrgreen:

16. Trinity

i7 4790K now oced to 4.5ghz..sweet spot for everyday youtube and web surfing..these need alot of computing power!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

17. Chai

What graphics card are you using now?

18. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

gtx460

this old card still runs and runs after so many years :thumb:

19. Chai

Time to upgrade that as well! :haha: