Mobile Service Provider - Your choice

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ariyamusafir, Sep 21, 2011.

?

Your prefered Mobile Service Provider

1. Maxis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Celcom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. DiGi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes 4G

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. U Mobile

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Tune Talk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. XOX

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

Which one is your preference since we have the MNP in Malaysia. Maxis has the worst customer service policy where they allow their agents to threaten hang-up your call after giving you 3 warnings for scolding them with harsh words, but they say vulgar lah.....

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, Maxis' customer service isn't very good, but I think it's common of all Malaysian mobile service providers.

I called up DiGi once and had to talk to a girl who cannot even speak (or understand) proper English. Absolutely frustrating. What's worse - she doesn't even know anything about DiGi packages... and ultimately referred me to the website. She actually told me to hang on while she logged into the DiGi website... and I actually had to tell her WHICH URL (page link) to go to.. :wall: :wall:

3. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

Yo, language should not be a big issue lah... How many Malaysian actually master English well?

Product knowledge, they must know. If they do not know, one point down. BUT BUT BUT... NEVER EVER threaten an angry customer and Maxis has a policy that allows them to do so....... Such as hanging up calls if they kena me scold vulgar words or any words they ASSUME vulgar.... That is UNACCEPTABLE.... and finally I port out....

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If you work in a call center, you would know this is actually a normal process to protect the agents. What's the point if the angry customer is not going to listen anymore. Been there.

I have personally hung up on someone because he refused to listen. In the end, he still called back and ask for help. Conclusion, these agents are trying to help, there is no point for you to scold the agents, unless they have actually done something wrong themselves. I have learnt a lot to control my temper when calling these agents.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  5. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

Correction Chai,

A customer who calls most likely experiences problems with the service provider which many a time proved to be the service provider's fault. As a result, it is likely that the customer gets angry. Bear in mind, it is the customer's perogative to scold you, as we are PAYING for that lousy services. We pay for such a service and the service is below the paid value. Unless they would be giving a rebate in which I still think they still have no right to do so, otherwise, they should endure verbal abuse.

A customer service agent is employed to be a bridge between the company and the customer. Their roles in those service providing business is extremely important. They represent the company in ensuring that the customer would continue using their service. If they do not perform their duties properly, it would signify a loss of customer and as a result, a loss of a revenue channel. This is dangerous for a company whos core business is providing services.

A good customer service officer is one that would be tactful in pacifying the angry customer not by threats that would certainly make him/her even more angry, but by choice of words and politeness that would make the angry customer automatically does not have the heart to scold her further. This I have met one in U Mobile. I want to scold her kau kau but just tak sampai hati to do so. This is the best customer service I have met but unfortunately, she is not with customer service but she did absolutely well and he name is Miera from CAC U Mobile.

Also, Chai, do not forget that it is these customers that are paying the salary of these idiots and by means of threat and hanging-up calls is no way of treating the one who is paying you, i.e. your boss.

No offence. I am NOT calling you an idiot just to make the record straight. Maxis customer service, they are idiots, same as most of the U Mobile (except Miss Miera) as well.

I called up Celcom one day and they affirm that they do not practise such policy of hanging up calls and that if the customer is angry, they have NO right to threaten the customer in anyway or hang-up their calls but to wait for the customer to simmer down. Finally, I went to Celcom.

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well... you can't expect good customer service from most Malaysian companies... especially from monopolies like Astro, Maxis, Streamyx, etc. ;)

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I disagree that just because one works in customer service, they deserve to become a punching bag/someone's b*itch just as much as I vehemently disagree in a customer treating them as such.

I've been upset at subpar experiences with various business establishments before. But I never take it out on CS. Here's a trick. People are actually more likely to help you if you're nice and courteous (irrespective of setting).

Just because one is paid to do a job, it doesn't mean that they should be subjected to abrasive/unrespectful "patrons" (read: Dicks/As*holes/douche bags) who are probably trying to make up for their inadequacies. I would hang up on them too.

The clear distinction is if the company is at fault or if that CS rep is at fault. Even if the CS person is at fault, there are limits.

"Scold her kau kau". <-- I just don't get this. I mean why?

I most certainly hope you are just as passionate about this with your government (or have a good supply of lube - because you guys are getting bent over and f*cked in broad daylight)

And for the record, I don't take shit from anyone. Teachers, parents, and even bosses. There is of course a right way, and a wrong way, but I'm never afraid of calling people out. But then again, I'm probably wired differently... :mrgreen:

Chai makes a good point, some people are just uncooperative (making up for inadequacies) no matter what you try to do. If it is not productive, communicate as such (set expectations) and what will happen if it continues.

Let me pose this question to you ariyamusafir, put yourself in their shoes. These CS reps you've had subpar experiences with. Exact same circumstances. Would you like being someone else's b*itch/punching bag? Now think of the next douche bag that calls that you then have to deal with. And the next dickhead. And the next. Don't say no I would never take that job (because you probably won't). Just put yourself in their shoes.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  8. Adrian Wong

I disagree that we have the right to be rude, especially if it involves swearing and name calling.

I've been involved in many disputes with various banks and service providers (Astro, Maxis, Telekom, etc.) and while I may get frustrated at some of their canned answers, I have never called them names or swear at them.

In fact, on certain occasions when I expressed my extreme dissatisfaction with their company's ridiculous rules, I would make it known that I was referring to their company's policy and that it was nothing personal - I understood that they were just doing their jobs in delivering their company's policy.

Remember - the folks at the call desk, whether it's for technical support or for customer service do not set the company's policies. If I need someone to do something about a perceived injustice that the front line folks cannot handle, I always try to get someone higher up. There is absolutely no point in getting angry at them. It also doesn't help you solve your problem.

If you do encounter a rude person on the other line, just take note of his/her name. Then call up and report the matter to his/her superior. However, fighting verbally with that person will not help you at all.

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You can correct me all you want, but I disagree with every single word in your post, especially about customers getting angry. It may applies to you, but I NEVER get angry with any services. Frustrated, yes, but not angry. In fact, I treat these agents even better than my family members sometimes, simply because I believe in "if I treat them well, they will most likely do that in return and help me to resolve my problem as soon as possible". Just imagine the time wasted to scold them, their morale is low, do you think it will work? They might even sabotage you on purpose, take their own sweet time to resolve your problem. (Let me tell you something, these agents definitely have the power to do that if they really want to)

"I want to scold her kau kau but just tak sampai hati to do so." Most likely it is because that person is the opposite sex and you just don't have the heart to scold them. Not surprising at all.

You are paying the money to their bosses, not them. They get peanuts out of the money you pay to the company. Sad and true. If you are not happy with their services, change the provider, no need to vent it on these innocent agents.

10. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I don't really know about customer service in Malaysia, but I can say that, when I need some help which requires some bending of rules, usually being nice to the customer reps helps.

Put yourself in the place of customer service reps. If customer is rude, will you help him/her by bending some rules?

However, I did get mad at customer representative before, Citibank USA, because they do really sucked. They keep repeating their questions even when I said no. I got pissed one day, called them up to cancel some service. Told the person straight away in not so polite tone, "ok, i don't want to waste your time or my time, i want to cancel this service bla bla bla", because I know if I don't do so, they will try to bug me not to cancel this service.

Recently, I bid on a car rental on the wrong date. I quickly called customer service and politely explained my situation. The customer representative look up my purchase history and decided to cancel my bid even thought the fine prints said I cannot do so.

11. Adrian Wong

That's excellent customer service! :)

12. Calvin Woon

Calvin Woon Banned

For me Digi is quite nice to use.