"mobo feat"

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by yamdran, Dec 2, 2002.

1. yamdran

yamdran Newbie

Goodday! I'm a beginner in PC building although I have read an ample amount of information on the net about "Building your own PC," I still wonder what features should I look for in today's motherboards that would support current technologies and have a kick on future upgrades?

2. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Most important question!

1. What is your budget?

2. What do you want to use it for? Eg. gaming, Internet, p0rn?

3. Are you an Intel person or an AMD loving guy?

4. Do you love to eat Roti Canai?

Well those questions are my foundation when it comes to building my next PC. So think about it.

P/S: Roti canai's are THA BOMB. So if you don't like em, then I cannot help you. ;)

3. neoro

neoro Newbie

you are never future Proof...........
    but here are some

Dual Channel DDR
    Serial ATA
    AGP8x

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Well, just so that it's not left out from the list...

USB 2.0
    Firewire, either built-in or get an add on card
    RAID :o i just love RAID

5. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

RAID? Hmmm... well if its onboard then I guess it is alright. IMHO, RAID is a little overkill for a desktop if you are using it for only gaming, surfing the net and some p0rn :oops:

6. lptech

lptech Newbie

My advice to you is to check out the chipset that comes with whatever motherboard you are interested in! Chipsets make or break how well your system is going to perform! I've had years of experience building systems and have found that chipsets on the motherboard affect how well the whole system functions (i.e.- how well the motherboard accesses items like the hard drives, memory, peripherals, etc.). In my view, it is essential to choose the motherboard with a good chipset! Hope that this advice helps out. 8)