Moving To The Klang Valley

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Err.. Wake up, Fok!!! Stop dreaming!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

:hug: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

4. Adrian Wong

OMG.. These two guys are high on something. :nuts: :nuts:

LOL! Seriously, anyone know of any good contractors for plaster ceiling, electrical wiring, plumbing, etc?

5. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I know a eletrical wiring company name UP Letrik SDN BHD
    03-79837816, 03-79830785. They are good as our wiring for our system is done by them also. You can give them a call, i not sure they doing for houses or not :think:

The place you stay are same as one of my team mate here, i think should be a nice place. I heard that they have thier own forum to talk about the condominium, so i believe all of them there are really coorperate.

By the way you got your second card park already? I heard that back to back car park selling at 8k and side by side selling at 12k woww...:shock:

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

back to back 8K and side by side 12K? cheap already man. hahaha

7. Adrian Wong

I got THREE car park lots actually. Need the extra lots. :D

Nope, the side-by-side went for RM 12,500.

8. Adrian Wong

Incidentally, asked a few contractors for quotations. My God, they are OVERcharging, man...

Compared to what I paid in Melaka, they are charging more than TWICE that... Crazy. :nuts:

Need to find people who are more reasonable. Seriously, does it cost RM 400 just to replace a pane window with a sliding window???? :nuts:

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Another jackass tried to conned me into paying RM800 for an aluminium panel window and I need three for your information. WTF

10. Adrian Wong

LOL!! That's crazy, man!!! :mrgreen:

Damn.. Need a good contractor. Someone I can trust not to CHEAT me. :mad:

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Erm, you have the understand the consequences of much higher living costs in KL. Just because you can get a bowl of mee for RM1.50 in Taiping, doesn't mean they are cheating you when they are trying to sell the same thing for RM4 in KL.

If everyone is charging for similar amount, then it's pretty obvious they are not overcharging you.

12. Adrian Wong

Ah hah.. That's where you are wrong. :D

For example, all these contractors charged me RM 4-5 per square foot for plaster ceiling. Is that a sign that that's the current "market rate"?

Not so.. cause another contractor that I asked is only doing it for RM 1.90 per square foot. Even if you add in the paint job, it's only RM 2.50 per square foot.

That's still more expensive than Melaka at RM 1.50 per square foot with the paint job, but at least it's a reasonable increase. What the earlier contractors are charging are INSANE prices.

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Read everything first. ;)

14. Adrian Wong

LOL! I did... but the fact of the matter is there's no way labour and materials in the Klang Valley costs 3-4 times what it is in the rest of the country. ;)

And that's not really a good way to gauge whether they are overcharging or not.

15. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Sound that your house parking lot a lot much more expensive, how much does it cost for a parking lot?:think:

Nothing is good to stay in KL, anyway what i believe is pay a bit more is ok or i should say reasonable. Just make sure that thier service and meterial are good. Ya if can get cheap price then will be better :think: lets see who can provide a good contractor here. :think:

16. Adrian Wong

It's going to get even more expensive, I've heard.

Incidentally, the management at my brother's condo has gotten even more greedy. Now, they want to charge ALL visitors a car park fee of RM 1 per hour! :shock:

Well, not much of a choice. I have to move down to KL for practical reasons. Sigh.. I will miss my house here in Melaka.... :(

17. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

That is daylight robbery! :nuts: You need to pay to visit somebody? Nah,...better leave your brother alone.:p :whistle:

18. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Wow.. can't they just buy a parking lot of may be rent it? It is more expensive that you parking in some shopping complex :shock:

Dun worry you going to have all your rojakpot brother here in PJ :D

19. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! Exactly!! :D

The Palm Springs management is really getting quite out of hand. No wonder so many residents are trying to sell their units. :hand:

20. Adrian Wong

They used to be able to buy extra lots, but now the management no longer allows them to do so. They can only rent from now on.

Rental for residents is RM 150 per month, payable ONE YEAR in advance. The RM 1 per hour fee is only for visitors, or well, residents without a parking lot.

LOL! Well, TBH, my Melaka house is very much better than the condo unit I purchased. I will really miss it... :cry: