mp3 wma ogg ringtones for nokia 6600

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by encrypter, Apr 28, 2006.

1. encrypter

encrypter Newbie

Hi guys!! After much research, i found that the nokia 6600 DOES support mp3 ringtones!!! But to get it detect the format...you need to install a codec. the codec is provided below....

2. Important!!!!....the mp3 file must be save in joint stereo 128 bits 44.1Khz...u can make it using the Db power amp converter..if u dont have the converter, email me...i cant post it here because the file is big even in zip format..cant pass the max limit...sorry for the hustle...

3. How's the phone gonna accept the file... ..it simple...the phone will accept the file when it has id3v2 tag....u can set it by using media player like winamp....just import the file to winamp playlist..right click and choose 'view file info'...

4. Now its ready...one more thing...u have to save the mp3 file in the original sound folder on ur memory card...done...

5. Plz give comment and any sugestion...this is my first post...i really hope that i can help u all....

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=82391

my email is: [email protected]

email me for db poweramp ( IF THE link dont work, email me and ill send it to you...)

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's interesting. :D

Don't own a Nokia 6600 myself, but how do you install that codec?

3. encrypter

encrypter Newbie

Nokia 6600 PC Suite

easy... you first install the nokia pc suite from the nokia website....www.nokia.com.my

then you either double click the sis file or you go to tools and select istall application...

then it will install

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Oh, okay... Nice of them to provide it. :mrgreen: