Need help from VIA motherboard users

Discussion in 'BIOS Optimization Guide (BOG)' started by Adrian Wong, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

No way to know for sure. But both north and south bridges support Ultra V-Link. Why wouldn't they implement all 16 data lines?

Either they locked it down to just 8 data lines for some stability issue, or they didn't implement all 16 lines.

2. Domster

Domster Newbie

that's it. Epox are shite!!! Tis a DFI LanParty SLI-DR Expert for me next!!!! If they ever decide to release it. :pray:

3. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Anyone else with a VIA-based motherboard that has both options of V-Link Mode Selection and V-Link Data 2X Support in the BIOS?

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

No such options available on Asus A8V...

5. Adrian Wong

I know.. ANY other motherboard will do. As long as it has both BIOS options. :mrgreen:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Just letting you know, because I don't recall telling you. :p

7. Adrian Wong

Oh I see! :doh: :mrgreen:

8. Skip Da Shu

Skip Da Shu Official BOG Supporter!

Let me check... I've got a couple of GigaByte boards that this sounds familiar from... Will write back if they have both.

Any particular VIA chipset. I have Apollo LKE133, KM400, KT600

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  9. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

I have a VIA motherboard, when I get home I'll take a look and let you know...

10. Skip Da Shu

VIA V-LINK parms

LKE133 - not a chance... this is antique
    KM400 in GigaByte, no to both
    KT600 in Asrocks, has only the VLINK Speed as shown below.

[​IMG]

Sorry I couldn't help.

11. Adrian Wong

That's okay. Thanks for trying. :mrgreen:

I just need a motherboard with a BIOS that has both V-Link Mode Selection and V-Link Data 2X Support.

12. rexsven

rexsven Newbie

are you looking for something like these attached files??
    its a Asus P4V800D-X. I got it for the AGP and PCI-express slots together on the same board.

Attached Files:

13. Adrian Wong

Yes! If possible, please do this for me...

Thanks!!! :beer: :beer:

14. rexsven

rexsven Newbie

i suppose i should restore my clock setting too while im at it lol...
    i understand you want to see modes 0-4 with data2X enabled/disabled per mode correct? also i have a V-Link 8X support option do you wish for that to be enabled or disabled...

may i ask is this for your B.O.G. research, and do i get a brownie or something for this?lol

i can understand why you have a hard time finding info on these settings. i had to order my MB from europe somewhere, just to get a true AGP and PCI-express slot (only 4X tho):( but i digress ill have the files up by tonight hopefully

15. Adrian Wong

If possible, get me all possible combinations of the three BIOS settings. That would really help me determine whether my theories are correct. :thumb:

Hahaha.. I will definitely give you Rep Points for this!! :mrgreen:

Thanks!!!! :beer:

16. rexsven

rexsven Newbie

.....90K reboots later.......
    sorry for the delay im "borrowing" my inet, tends to be unreliable at times.

umm so here is the attached files of all possible V-Link settings available in my BIOS. the V-Link8X support is only possible on the AUTO mode setting, so i have those in there as well.

i hope this helps your research, i have alot of questions about the V-link and SATA support. also i have yet to experience any HD data corruption as of yet......:pray:

feel free to ban/flame or whatever you forum dwellers do, but i was curious if i could trade these mysterious "rep" points for a copy of the B.O.G.????

i hope a .rar is ok too many files to attach...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  17. Skip Da Shu

Rep Points & BOINC credits

Yea, right. They'll throw in a Gutenberg Bible too.

Get to 1000 rep points and you can trade it for the blank white page right behind the cover.

Rep points are worth almost as much as BOINC credits.

;) LOL

18. Adrian Wong

Thanks for your assistance, rexsven! I do hope this will help me clear up this BIOS setting once and for all. :beer:

LOL! Unfortunately, they have no intrinsic value. Rep points merely show others what everyone here thinks of any particular forum member.

But don't worry. You will not go unrewarded for your help. UGPM! :beer:

19. rexsven

rexsven Newbie

im glad i could help.

heres my master plan with the points..... First trade the "rep" points into BOINC points(whatever they are), then convert those into MYSPACE/MYSPAM friends.... THEN they will be actually worth something!!!:haha: :haha: :haha:

20. Skip Da Shu

Rep Points & BOINC credits

Good plan.

BOINC - a platform to use idle CPU time for something worthwhile and accumulate credits. The credits you can probably not spend at the corner store.

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/