New Crucial Contest

Discussion in 'Contests!' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hey everyone.. managed to get more goodies for our giveaway contests!! :dance: :dance:

Check this out :

So.. what would be a good contest for this tasty prize?? :wicked:

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

wow .. cool :) at least either users still can use the RAM :)

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

My long proposed Review our Reviews would do nicely I think. We have em review a minimum of 10 of our articles/reviews and give constructive criticism.

Benefit is that we'll know if we're doing anything wrong and crank up the quality of our work. :mrgreen: Of course we will review all the reviews... :D

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! I think only few will participate... :faint: :mrgreen:

As usual, I suck at churning out ideas for contest. Coz most of the contests I see are only from newspaper, etc... answer a few questions and write a slogan. :faint:

Or maybe we should ask what contests should we hold for the next one. :haha:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  5. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!!! :haha: :haha:

Okay, what other suggestions? And what do the rest of you think about PsY's idea?

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

dun need contest. jsut give them to me! LMAO

Well, the best ones so far are slogans/Post I want the win per day kinda contest...

what do you think?

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

If you want traffic, post once a day thing is good. For sheer number of posts.

8. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

I like PsY's idea... but like Dashken said, I dont think many will participate due to the amount of "work" involved.

It needs to be an effortless (both physical and mental) contest to get paticipation up.

I did a little surfing and found these.

FWIW:
    http://www.overclockers.com is giving prizes to users that submit creative writings or programs.

http://www.pchardware.ro/Media/mediaview.php?id=2 is using an online technology quiz. ???

Here's a couple of mine...

Find links to ARP contest - wont produce much traffic per say on ARP but it will surely give an idea of where traffic comes from and who are our true "affiliates".

We can always do a "Name the ARP Mascot" contest.

Also, the gaming contest seemed to keep the site busy, we can always pick 3 new games and give it a go... :thumb:

9. Adrian Wong

Hey.. Just thought of it. How about a survey contest??? :shock:

We need to run a survey, right? Oh, for the rest of you who were not present during our recent meeting... we were thinking of running a survey.

This contest would give us a great way for us to get people to participate in the contest.

Of course, certain questions would be pertaining to Malaysians only, but I think we can detect their IPs and give them the appropriate set, right? And if we can filter out Malaysian survey results (for our other project), then that would be useful, right? :think:

10. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Ishtim is right in that sense. :think:

Look at the previous contests. If it takes too much effort, many people prefer not to participate, even if it's a very good prize. :think:

Weird.. but that's what I've noticed. :wall:

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Remember the bit of not linking it with us.... :wicked:

12. Adrian Wong

Yup.. That "phase" of the survey campaign, we will still continue. But we can also make use of this to gain more participants. :think:

OR... we can do that with a giveaway contest for the new website to be launched in November? :think:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

How about a contest of what we dont have, lack, better compared to other tech sites ?
    The best comment wins :D

1 person likes this.
  14. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

You definately have a point there, but is it really good "business" to focus on one's flaws and weaknesses? :think:

15. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Exactly. :haha:

Even if it's not good marketing (companies and other sites are watching!), it's definitely bad for morale, I think. :mrgreen:

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

My review our reviews was supposed to do that too. Plus its intention was to bring in more traffic. :think:

17. Adrian Wong

So.... what should we do this time?? :haha:

Seriously, we should post something now so that it will be over by the time we launch the new site (and a mega-contest).

18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nope, make it a suprise contest together with the launch.

19. Adrian Wong

You mean skip this contest and use the prize for the mega-giveaway contest to be launch with the release of the new site? :think:

Hmm.. That's a good idea actually. These are pretty good prizes. :think:

20. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Oh... I didn't know you are doing a mega contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.