New Logitech Mouse!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Chai, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

http://www.pcpop.com/news/2004/6/12398.shtml

So what do you think of this mouse? I think it looks fantastic. But design wise, i still don't like it that much.

1. The scroll buttons are still as useless as ever especially when there's already a scroll wheel.
    2. The menu button is relocated to a better and more usable location. But the menu button is quite useless anyway, they should have removed it completely...
    3. Without the menu button, the side buttons would have been perfect. Imagine with that design, you dun even have to move your thumbs forward and backwards to reach both buttons. Just move your thumb forward a little to press the front button, get what I mean? :D

Should have let me design that mouse! :mrgreen:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Looks good! :thumb:

It even comes with a power switch and a battery meter! :thumb:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

They made improvents of the Old MX500 like designs. Like for example, the placing of the change program button on my mouse is absurd. :doh:
    But its wireless, meaning its heavy, meaning I dont think people will use it too much for gaming... :shifty:

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

gosh.... Intellimouse Explorer clone/copy cat again.... :p

5. bsoft

bsoft Newbie

Modded MX300

You can have my modded MX300... when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

I modded my MX300 to remove the "clickiness" in the scroll wheel (I do this to all my mice). I find it much easier to use. I also added a blue LED. The blue LED makes it faster.... or something :dance:.

Anyway. I use the program-switcher button as a back button (it defaults to this without the Logitech software). Very handy. I also use it as a "select link gun" button for UT2K4. Very nice for ONS maps - you use the link gun a lot.

Sorry, no pics for now.

6. pmg4125

pmg4125 Newbie

good mouse! gonna get it... whahahaa :twisted:

7. Chai

Might be getting a new mouse. Still leaning towards the MS IE4! :mrgreen:

8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

sorry la... for me.. only microsoft mouses... and logitech keyboards :p

9. drab

drab Newbie

wooooooooo!Is that site chinese :oops: :?:

10. Adrian Wong

Re: Modded MX300

Wow! You modded your MX300? Which guide did you follow? :think:

11. Adrian Wong

Yes, it is a Chinese site. :mrgreen:

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! Chai was thinking of converting. Upon hearing it, I really, and I mean REALLY can't stop laughing. :haha: :haha: :haha:

13. Chai

Converting? Nah...it's not even close to my perfect mouse... ;) Now I will either get IE4, or don't buy new mouse at all...until the next gen MS, because I still don't like this newest Logitech.

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
    He was quite disappointed with the IE 4. :mrgreen:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

ROTFL! But Chai... that day you sounded really like to convert le... Don't lie. I can read through your words. :haha: :haha: :haha:

16. Chai

Er...because I've just tested the mouse yesterday. :shifty:

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yup, the button placements is a bit off... :think:

18. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

buttons may fit 1 person, but not another.

and yes, i won't say it's a clone la. clone would be some what imitation already. it's based on the great idea MS came up with on the utilizing other fingers.

not my choice of mouse. i'm the simple mouse guy. ergonomics and price counts most.

19. Chai

Err...not really, because the buttons are not even aligned with a typical thumb of a human being, unless you are not... :haha:

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yup, you would have to pull your thumb upwards to be able to touch the buttons diagnal... :doh: