new monitor just arrived

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by jay cee, Jan 15, 2011.

1. jay cee

jay cee Newbie

I have to say if you are in the market for a 24" the price is great on this model ASUS VH242 at Newegg.com. Here it is in comparison to the old Dell 1905fp

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

I just replaced a 1905FP with the VW266, another good bang for the buck with full HD 1080p support to better see techarp with! :thumb: :arp:

3. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Apa la.. u need to see techarp in HD?? I prefer to see Techarp in my mobile screen .. then can see everywhere ... .. hmm shud build an app for it .. hahaha

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I too prefer higher resolution. More stuff can fit in! :thumb:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

There's no app, but there's an iPhone skin for it (partially working). :haha:

6. k44k

k44k Newbie

Congratz. I'm still using my Dell 2209WA.

7. JTech

JTech Newbie

Awesome looking monitor. I ended up with a 22" which is the perfect size for my work space and the distance I sit from the monitor.

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Congrats!! :thumb:

I'm still on my Dell 2408WFP and my Dell 2007FP. :thumb:

9. omegadoom13

omegadoom13 Newbie

Last year, my sister bought a new desktop computer but she has her crappy 9 year old CRT monitor connected to it. I've been trying to convince her to buy a new monitor, but she doesn't think it's worth it because she rarely uses it. She uses her laptop probably 95% of the time now. So, yeah I've noticed the price drops in LCD monitors... decent time to get one. ;)

10. k44k

k44k Newbie

The Dell UltraSharp U2311H got some pretty nice reviews and is a decent IPS monitor.

11. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

ACER monitors ok?

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Haven't used Acer monitors in a long, long time... but I don't think reliability is a big issue with LCD monitors these days.

I personally prefer to go with Dell for their customer support, but if you can get a better monitor from Acer at a lower price, why not?