New PC case

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by 1031982, Sep 5, 2013.

1. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Well, I broke the side panel to me PC case. So, I will just rebuild my PC again, as it's been a while.
    Thing is, I am having some issues finding a case. My main issue is really that most cases seem to have top side cooling. I don't have the space to support that, and I don't want to go into water cooling.
    Currently I have a CoolerMaster Centurion 5. However I want to be able to run cables behind the board.
    So, does anyone know any cases that fit these things?
    At least three 5.25" slots (preferably at least 5 if there inset a 3.5" one for an internal card reader)

No top panel cooling

Two front USB 3 ports

At least one front fan and back fan

Does NOT hid drives behind a door

Every time I get close to finding one, it's excessively flashy or has a giant side fan. These won't work as I simply don't want something flashy or a huge side fan. I'm good with something more plane looking, like the one I have now.
    I can fit a full or mid tower

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I have been running this case since 07 And it still looks great! And they still make it!:o

LIAN LI PC-7B plus II Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

3. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

4. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Thanks, but it doesn't have USB 3.
    I saw that case, passed one it because of that.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You might want to take a look at Corsair casing. Personally, I'm using Obsidian 650D, but there are a few things that might not meet your requirement. There's top vent (which I have sealed it with noise absorbing foam, and the USB3 connectors do not directly plug into motherboard, but that can be modified.

But I'm sure some of the Corsair case should meet your requirement.

6. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

They have some that do, however I don't wan to spend that kind of money.
    I don't mind spending up to around $175, but the cases that Corsair have that fit properly are rather expensive.

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, front USB 3.0 ports are important, unless you don't mind using extender cables to connect to the USB 3.0 ports at the back.

8. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Certain mobo and 3rd party manufacturers offer USB 3.0 extensions that fit front panel of some cases that may be worth investigating...I use on 2 separate systems.

For example: Newegg.com - usb 3.0 front panel

9. Feleciash

Feleciash Newbie

that will be a great build, cant go wrong there.

Although will you be happy using your current case? that might be an addisional cost.

10. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

i struggle to find a nice case nowdays, the nice ones cost too much for me and the budget minded either have ugly sidepanel or interior that doesnt inspire at all