New PC Setup

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Dynaxx, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Dynaxx

Dynaxx Newbie

Hi, im just posting to hear of peoples preference with unganged mode memory or ganged. I just built a new system yesterday with a Asus M4a79xtd EVO motherboard and a Phenomx4 955 Black Edition cpu. OCZ 12800 DDR3 2x2Gig. The post shows unganged and i read that it basically means 1 stick per core. But with only 2 sticks and it being quad, would it be better to operate in ganged mode? And if so how do i change that feature. Also what kinda overclocking could i crank stably out of this setup, Any tips or info is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Oh and for my case i got a older case, its a Thermaltake Xaser v5000 Damien with the Hardcano setup. Nice case but like i said old. But that brings me to one more question, Which is directions of case fans. I have 1 fan in the rear, 1 in the front, 2 on the side and 1 on top, for case fans. What direction would i want all of these for proper cooling. I cant find my case manual and dont remember its default directions. Thanks again, Dynaxx