No Hugging, We Are Muslims

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Just saw a newpaper report where our Deputy Prime Minister, Najib spoke out against people hugging on TV. :nuts:

You can check it out here - http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/8/13/nation/11764656&sec=nation

Take a look at this quote - “This is not a question of young or old people hugging. This is about religion. It is forbidden in the religion,”

Is that true??? Does Islam specifically forbid people from hugging? :confused:

Or is Najib trying to prove he's as idiotic as the rest of the Malaysian cabinet? :doh:

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

I think that's just plain dumb. But let's hope some of our muslim friends would come and clear this up and see if our DPM is just making up his own rules.

3. Adrian Wong

Man.. This is our Deputy Prime Minister, not just some brainless minister.

If he can come up with such crap right now, we are all in deep shit if he ever becomes Prime Minister. :doh:

4. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Hopefully having sex is allowed out of his POV .. otherwise all of you ppl would be in deep shit. :mrgreen: ^^

5. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! :haha:

Maybe now his mother will understand why he doesn't hug her. :roll:

6. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Do not take it too serious .. our minister of health stated, that ".. our youth is too careless. Having parties and consuming drugs all over. They should just stay at home and make babies." :haha: :roll: ^^

7. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

i don't know about what you guys feel but i think it should be true. not just some thing he's making up. why would he make something like that up? to what end will he benefit from making such a statement?

we as Malaysians should take more effort into getting to know each others religious beliefs. quiet frankly im disappointed with the attitude in this thread.

ever heard of khalwat? go figure guys...

furthermore he's speaking at a youth conference and should be expected to promote such values.

8. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

*errm* .. I can only speak for myself and maybe my thinking is not worth the afford cuz I dun live there at all .. but if a religion tells you to not show ppl that you like them by hugging each other .. I'd give a damn shit of it.
    How dare a religion telling you so?
    This has nothing to do with tolerance or believe, this is plain stupid.

:nuts: :snooty:

9. Adrian Wong

If you have bothered reading the crap that other UMNO leaders have been spouting recently, you will know that not all of them are as pious as they "appear". And yes, they can misquote the Quran and claim all kinds of things NOT in the Quran. :hand:

If you want to see what politicians like Najib are capable of, take a look at this - http://www.jeffooi.com/archives/2005/08/kun_fayakun_and.php

See how full of lies or maybe "misinformation" one can be, as a politician. ;)

I honestly don't see what's wrong with the attitude in this thread. It's better to query about questionable beliefs, than to just bow and be a Yes man. ;)

And besides, I AM asking Muslims in this forum if such a thing is true. I didn't even say I think it's untrue. Let them tell us if it's true, okay? :mrgreen:

BTW, youth conference or not, it's irrelevant. We will find out soon enough if hugging is against Islam. This is a hoot. :thumb:

10. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

What is wrong with hugging?

sigh....... The Malaysian government should really open themselves up.....

11. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

i believe that it is wrong for Muslims to be seen hugging in public, not that i'm a Muslim, but i think it's against their religion as it may lead to other lewd acts.

there's nothing wrong with hugging, just some people practice it in private and find it very uncomfortable being openly about it in public.

“This is not a question of young or old people hugging. This is about religion. It is forbidden in the religion,”

what i think he means is that it's forbidden to do it in public.

:think:

12. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Errrr...

I'm a muslim & I do that most of the time........

I wouldn't call hugging "berkhalwat" because it doesn't involve any *AHEM* intercourse. (Same thing with kissing.)

13. 331

331 Newbie

I asked a former employee of mine about this issue and this is what he has to say:

There are two types of relationships in Islam that can be catagorised as:
    Muhrim and Non Muhrim and a muslim has to adhere to certain guidelines concerning this two catagories.

Murhim = Father, Mother, Sister, Brother etc... blood related to a person. No problems with hugging in public.

Non Muhrim = Generally anyone that you can marry under the Syariah Law in Islam (can't remember all the details) :wall: . Hugging and kissing is haram (sinful) public or otherwise.

And yes he is actually shameful that the non murhims are doing this on TV.

So how? OK or not? :mrgreen:

14. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

:clap: :clap: :clap: ....Bravo Bravo.Thats about it ....I think :thumb:

15. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

:rolleyes:

Maybe you should go and ask your dad or mom... :mrgreen:

16. cypris

cypris Newbie

I don't think hugging in public is an act of shame. World leaders shake hands and hug when they meet each other. it's a gesture of friendliness, hugging makes people feel more comfortable and relaxed.

How can we asians still be so narrow minded about pure, natural things like these? Don't you people hug your friends when they're sad or hug each other in joy? I don't understand what's wrong with hugging! Are you proposing that I'll engage in sex with that someone if I hug him/her? ABSURD!

If you say that our generation of kids and teens will misinterpret hugging as having sex then it is our duty to teach them how to differenciate the two and not prohibit hugging and label it as a sin!

1 person likes this.
  17. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

It's wrong for the Muslims(non Muhrim) because it is againts the teaching of Islam....... :wave:

For others.......well....I couldnt careless.. :beer:

18. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

I have to agree! Good points Cypris! :thumb:

MAD1: My parents are quite open to be honest..... ;)

19. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Ok great. :thumb: Then just ask them is it ok or not according to the teaching of Islam.

It doesnt really matter to me personally though :thumb:

Heck.... you can have sex in public if you want to.I just dont care.....

Errrrrrr.....maybe I do if I got my camera with me :wicked: :wicked:

20. yhng

yhng Newbie

I wonder what Najib would say to this picture

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      22.7 KB
      Views: