No Hugging, We Are Muslims

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Aug 13, 2005.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LMAO! He's the head honcho croc... :thumb:

2. cypris

cypris Newbie

welcome xD

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ROTFL!! Followed closely by you, eh? :haha:

1 person likes this.
  4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Err... Close is a matter of perspective... :shifty: You're way ahead... :beer:

:haha:

1 person likes this.
  5. yhng

yhng Newbie

You think that's bad? There's another showing them kissing. And this aint no fake photos! It's a meeting between Abdullah and Bush in April 2005.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Well, is guy and guy khalwat? I don't think so. :mrgreen:

7. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

[​IMG]

hugs everyone in thread :wave:

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yup, it aint... :D

9. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

:dance: Huh. you guys making a big deal out of this. Islam = even touching someone not blood related and eligible to marry to you is sinfull. let alone hugging. :snooty: thats what we believe.

10. cypris

cypris Newbie

If that is true, you guys might as well just wear full body suits and just stay alone in your room. It's impossible not to touch anyone. :roll: I'll bet with you that you won't be able to not hold hands or touch your gf in future(or presently). as Psy puts it, it all boils down to intention but I still think some people has a funny way of seeing and misinterpreting things.

Here's someone's blog about the hugging thing.
    http://www.malaysiandaily.com/?itemid=39

11. Adrian Wong

Honestly, I didn't know that. I touched Malay girls before. You know - the typical hand shakes, shoulder hugs in group photos, etc... No one ever said it was sinful, much less complained. :think:

Is it a matter of intepretation? Or a strict law laid down in the Quran? :think:

12. Adrian Wong

Well, that is the culture in India as well. Guys are not supposed to touch the girls.

But as a result, we find guys holding hands with other guys. And apparently, the incidence of homosexuality is pretty high. Does this mean that homosexuality is also influenced by the environment? :think:

Then again, in the more affluent and modernized areas, this culture isn't as rigidly enforced. :think:

Anyway, if it's really the Islamic way NOT to hug non-Muhrims, well, it's Najib's right to do so. However, I still disagree with his action of doing it on national TV. What kind of message is he sending out to ALL Malaysians?

Our leaders should toe the line of moderation, not be hardliners. And we certainly wouldn't want another incident of couples of other religions being fined for holding hands, would we? :hand:

13. cypris

cypris Newbie

LoL I guess this explains how and where homosexuality could've started from... :haha:

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I never knew that :shock:

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

yeah, it is sinful but like I said, Intention can justify it. This is a proactive view that most traditional oriented people don't really share.

16. Adrian Wong

IMHO, we should intelligently interprete laws as our culture evolves. Nothing stays static forever.

Like PsY says, intention is important. If you are only giving a hug to comfort someone, or to show you care for them; is that sinful in God's eyes?

Wouldn't it be a bigger sin if you act all pious and refuse to hug non-Muhrims BUT don't bat an eye at accepting bribes? ;)

17. Adrian Wong

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Ok... everyone here give me a hug please! :mrgreen:

Hugging or no hugging, wth... this thing will boil down. It's not like our goverment ever keep things in check. It's always once implement and forget. :nuts: :haha:

19. cypris

cypris Newbie

How true :rolleyes:

20. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

:rolleyes:

God, How I dispise religion. :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :rolleyes:

I am sick of it all. :wall: It's all you ever hear about in the news anymore. :doh:

Since the dawn of time it seems that those who are in power have always been trying to control everyone they can under the pretext of some religion or another. :wall: