nvidia geforce 6600

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by mdgouse545, Aug 13, 2010.

1. mdgouse545

mdgouse545 Newbie

i bought the nvidia geforce 6600 graphic card 2 years ago,now it is not working and i donno the reason.when i showed to one of the electricians i know he said it has some chip level problem and he can't help it.so i searched for any nvidia graphic card service centers(though my warranty is over ..only 1 year).i have not found any.i am staying in bangalore and if any body can help,i would be grateful..
    thank you....

2. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

I had a 6200 that just quit working. :wall: It is probably least expensive to just get another card as opposed to servicing it.

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Repairing it might cost more, actually.

I would advise to either get an identical or equivalent cheap GFX card from the auction stores, or 2nd hand stores.

If not, the fastest way is to purchase a new graphics card. Again, it depends on your current system.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

The GeForce 6600 is so old, you would be better off getting a much newer and faster "low-end" graphics card like the GeForce GT 240 or GeForce GT 340. Could even be a cheaper solution.

Of course, if you need an AGP graphics card, then you are mostly stuck with the GeForce 6 series, unless you can find a GeForce 7800 GS (AGP version).

5. Sebastian66

Sebastian66 Newbie

I don't use the card, but I do use Nvidia GeForce just that it’s a much later version.

The card you listed above is included in the minimum requirements to play the game, as to how well it performs I have no idea.

I'm guessing that it won’t be super great .. But it will be better than no card or just a chipset.

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Even with a new motherboard (nowadays) with integrated graphics solution, it's miles ahead than the 6600. I may be wrong here, but the newer onboard nVidia and the AMD are quite decent for light work. :think: