OC DFI AMD

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by BlueCoder, Oct 27, 2005.

1. BlueCoder

BlueCoder Newbie

Hello Everyone:

My Current setup is:
    DFI Ultra-D LanParty UT
    AMD 4800+ X2 w/Zalman 120mm Fan and Arctic Silver 5 High Density Thermal Compound
    4 x 512K (DDR400) memory (Kingston HyperX)
    XFX 7800 nVidia PCIx
    The CPU is currently running at 2400mhz (200x12).
    Memory is currently set at Tcl:2 Trcd:2 Tras: 5 Trp:2
    Voltage to the memory is 2.8

I modified the 200 to 214, but had stablity problems. Anyone have suggestions to OC this puppy to the max?

1 person likes this.
  2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Loosen up the ram timings. If you're doing a 1:1 ram divider.

3. BlueCoder

BlueCoder Newbie

Thanks. I loosen up my wet neurons by distancing the dendrites from the axons (in the synapsis) by 1 nanometer.

My head suddenly fell to the keyboard, and according to my wife (also a doctor) I was in a continous reboot cycle (coma). She rebooted me with a saved Brain Configuation State (BCA), but all is ok now. (However I did need to relearn the last 2 days of events, but other then that, all is ok)

:)

Of course I kid. Did you mean to make the numbers higher? Which ones first? Does the voltage need to be increased at any point? The system is running at DDR400, if I increase TCL to 3, the system runs at DDR333; is this a good thing (having it run slower)?

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Loosen the timings. The current timings are 2-2-2-5 @ DDR400 right? Try 2.5-3-3-8 and you should be good up till DDR500 or so (250FSB with 1:1 ram divider.)

We have a review of that memory module here. Should give you a bit of indication of what it can do.
    http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=160&var2=0

Hope that helps. :)

5. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

nice.. :thumb:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It's quite difficult to overclock with 4 RAM modules, loosen up the timings is almost necessary.

7. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

4 module is reall abit hard..

but darn ur system :drool:

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

4x RAM CPC must drop to 2T. memory controller limitation.

9. Deepthroat

Deepthroat Newbie

i thought the E6 rev was released to allow 1T for 4 sticks of double sided ram

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

nope...you still ahve to drop to 2T.