Orchid Garden, KL

Discussion in 'Peaz' started by peaz, Dec 29, 2005.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Here's some of my shots I took at a recent trip to the Orchid Garden at KL. Quite a nice place, lots of flowers!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Lotus flower! I've always loved the colours on them :)

Great images, Ken, but the last pink lotus image's kind of flat though, a little curve adjustment might make it nicer :)

3. peaz

True.. but the orginal wasn't so bad though when I edited it. Or maybe the colour on my Notebook LCD is off :(

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hmm... I don't know about you, but I think the color saturation is a bit too much, especially on the lotus?lily?

5. peaz

lily... but the shot was like that when I took it :O the yellow is REALLY yellow! Sun was up though. and it was on sRGB I.

6. Chai

Some shots are cool, different views... :D

7. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

:shock: duno much about saturation.. but purty anyway..

8. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

On my calibrated Powerbook, the saturation's fine, just nice. I mean, the colours are real good. My Gamma's calibrated to 1.8. Windows CRT & TV Display default is 2.2 - might be a little too saturated because of that, since Gamma curve affects colour saturation.

I turned my Mac's gamma to 2.2 just to test, my goodness, the colour was saturated like mad.

9. Chai

My calibrated monitor doesn't really make that much difference...

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. It looks great on my LCD monitor (same as Ken's! Haha!!) except for the last picture. That looked a little too dark and subdued. :think:

11. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

*adds fluff to extremely technical discussion* Pretty, pretty! :mrgreen:

And my little cousins also thought so when we showed them the pics -- to 'entertain' the bored little ones. :thumb: One thing about kids - they sure know how to show appreciation and enthusiasm!

12. Chai

Hahaha...very true...the older you get, the less enthusiastic you become... :(

13. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

And the more knowledge you gain in the said field, the more you nitpick instead.... hahaha.. (I know, I know, I'm guilty for commenting on the flat curves... hehe, sorry, Ken!)

14. peaz

It's ok. Now i too realised that the last pic is a little bit too dull. It was one of my last edited ones... my eyes was probably getting tired already too. :p

15. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

That can be avoided if we make a conscious decision not to lose our ability to see wonder and beauty. :)