PC HardFreeze : Plz Help

Discussion in 'BIOS Optimization Guide (BOG)' started by utkal, Sep 2, 2009.

1. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

PSU = Power supply! How many watts has?

2. utkal

utkal Newbie

Oh ! It has 450 watts of power supply (Intex SMPS).

Now, I'm guessing biased towards the AGP rate. And my doubt is getting concentrated at AGP rate.
    If I can change the AGP rate from 8X to 4X, I can check it out.
    Coz, most of the people with this video card having the similar kind of hardfreeze problem across OSes.

3. utkal

utkal Newbie

Unfortunately, the person to whom I had taken my PC to solve my problem, has little knowledge in BIOS settings and could not solve the problem.

But he tested the PC with another PCI VGA card, in which the PC is working fine, means there some thing wrong with the DRIVER of my AGP the card (FX5200). It boots normally and when I try to launch any application it freezes. So a combination of BIOS settings and driver is causing the problem.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That may mean your AGP graphics card has a problem - maybe a heat issue. Then again, it's just a GeForce FX 5200.

What driver are you using now?

5. utkal

utkal Newbie

Yes, friend it seems that there is some issue with this AGP card and there is nothing in BIOS/driver/OS settings. I'll replace the card. :wall:

FYI, yes the golden color heat radiator plates of the card will certainly burn my fingers its toooo hot. And none of the driver versions worked for me, I have tried my hand with each driver release from nVidia.

Thank you all for your support.

6. Adrian Wong

Yeah, if that's the case, you should try replacing the card. :think:

Although I cannot figure out why a mere BIOS flash can cause it to behave like that. :think:

7. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Maybe because he's overclocking or it could be overvoltage?

8. Adrian Wong

Maybe, if that's what he did after the flash. Cause the BIOS flash utility usually resets the CMOS to default settings after a flash.