Playing pre-owned games for consoles (PS4, Xbox1)

Discussion in 'Games' started by The_YongGrand, Nov 13, 2015.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hey there,

Is it all right if I bought a pre-owned console game (PS4, Xbox1) and play it on the specific console? Would I get blacklisted, or would I get locked or anything else, since they will have to use some sort of DRC or something?

And since temporarily I do not have a reliable internet connection, I could play the game without logging into the PSN or the Xbox Marketplace?

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure about ps4 or xbox one, but ps3 is quite pre owned friendly. All you need to do is create a new psn account, you should be able to install like new. All physical copies of game can be transferred to you, only games purchased online via psn store cannot be transferred.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

oh techarp supports tapatalk ? :thumb:

4. Chai

Now it doesn't! Since I upgraded to xenForo. But I will get it working again. :mrgreen:

5. The_YongGrand

Thanks for the explaination. I will borrow some nice titles from my friend first to try the game for a while.

The PSN subscription sounds fun. Seen the website - they have some games given for free too. :)

6. Chai

PSN subscription is quite expensive, unless you are a heavy gamer.

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's the same problem with games purchased on Steam. You can't transfer or resell them.

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Pre-owned games should work fine. There's quite a bit of disc swapping in our house. :)

The 'DLCs' are account bound (though I think with the PS4, there is now some sort of 'localized' sharing - need to experiment with that though).

9. The_YongGrand

I've been playing Watchdogs bought second-hand, it works well. I've been putting aside getting the Bad Blood expansion because right now I do not have a good internet connection yet.

When my friend's coming over from Singapore, we would exchange some games too. :D

10. Cewellet

Cewellet Newbie

I've never had any problems with the PS3. How did it go with the PS4?