Problem Registering

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Trinity, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I have a friend who is trying to join the fourm but she is having this problem,

"I tried to register at the forum above. I don't know what is wrong, but when I copy and paste the "NoToSpammers!" in the box it tells you to, under the register page, it keeps saying I didn't do it correctly. I won't let me register. Do you know what to tell me to do?"

What should I tell her to do?

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Did she copy the "" quotation mark?

3. Trinity

I asked, she said she tried both ways. Should you copy the " "'s or not?

She's gonna try again.

I just asked her what her cookie settings are. Maybe that's what the problem is.:think:

4. Trinity

Now I get this from her,

No, I don't have cookies turned out on my web browser, or at least I don't think I do. I tried again and with different ways and it still won't let me register. I tried to write the administrator to see what I was doing wrong, but since I am not a registered member, if won't let me write. Hopefully some way I can get on. I wonder why that darn thing of putting the right thing in the box matters. I tried different ways of putting no spam, copying
    what it said and they all say I didn't answer the question correctly. I don't know what to try next.

Any ideas?

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Session cookies are turned on by default and are necessary for the forum to work properly. Is she sure she turned it off?

BTW, there should be a Captcha check. Can she see that? Did she type in the Captcha letters properly?

Alternatively, you can PM me or Chai her details (name, preferred nick and e-mail address) and we will register her manually.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I tried registering a temp account myself, and it works fine. There's no Captcha check as I couldn't get it to work.

Alternatively, I can help her to register, and I will send her the password and she can reset it manually.

7. Trinity

She still can't logon.:doh:

She says this,

Dave,

Sorry to be a bother again, but I tried using the name and password you created and it still won't let me log on. I also tried to register again with a new name and password and it still says I don't answer the question right about spammers. I don't know if you can help me or not. I never had that many problems with trying to register somewhere before.

Have a great day!

Norma

I tried logging on (useing her info) and got the same problem. I don't get it.:confused:

8. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I hope she didn't include the " in the box

9. Trinity

I don't think so.:?

10. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Is she using Internet Explorer? If yes, make sure the "remember me" box is checked..

11. steve

steve Newbie

She musn't copy "". Tell her to copy without it.

12. Trinity

She tried both ways. still can't get on.:doh::?

She's using chrome for her browser btw.

13. gamerkidz

gamerkidz Newbie

I suggest you follow Chai's advice , if you still cant register