Problem solved! :)

Discussion in 'News' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

After discussing our monetary problems with GearHost, we are happy to say that we have all come to a satisfactory agreement regarding our hosting requirements and financial obligations. Although we had some problems with them (regarding IIS limitations and other stuff), they pulled through in the end. Last night was no different.

I'm happy to say that Adrian's Rojak Pot will be able to remain online, thanks to a special bandwidth package by GearHost. We are now good for up to 100GB per month. And if GearHost's in-house HTML compressor works as advertised, 100GB should be plenty for some time to come.

So, it's back to full operations here at Adrian's Rojak Pot! :)

2. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Glad to hear that!

Onwards with more exciting BIOS Optimization Guides! :lol:

3. Adrian Wong

Hehe... When we post the final part of the BIOS Optimization Guide tonight, we will be able to see just how effective the HTML compression is. Hopefully, it will cut our bandwidth use by 30-40%. Then we wouldn't need to pay so much for bandwidth. For a small site like ARP, our bandwidth use is simply amazing... :)

4. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Errr... I hate to admit it, but I constantly check the forums and open up like several windows. I know I am contributing to the bandwidth leech, so I will try to cut down ;)

5. Adrian Wong

Haha... nolar... It's really due to the massive number of visitors. We appreciate the support you have given us. And seriously, the bandwidth use per person is VERY low. Our bandwidth use is entirely due to the number of visitors.