PSP Owner's Thread!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lacus, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Hey, i wonder is there many PSP owners here besides me and max. Wanna find out how of us here owns a psp :D..We can share informations here :thumb: Hope those that have a psp can join US.

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I have had my PSP for years (3 years now I think)... :thumb:

Still the only thing I pick up to kill boredom on the go. :p

3. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Cool, I suppose you own the first gen PSP? Teh PSP Phat (fat). What firmware are you running atm?

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i have PSP slim silver color ;p still running stock firmware :(

5. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Fat Black .. i think firmware version 3.71 if not mistaken, the last time I upgrade.. is a good airport waiting gadget..

6. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

I've had my PSP since launch ;) (nice to have had the launch near my birthday :p) Not sure about the firmware though... it's actually been quite a while since I've fired it up. :?

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah. Teh fat. 3.73 I think.

It certainly is! In the airport, and on the plane. :p

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Cool...Stock firmware? original firmware i guess. not that i don't support original but the UMD is sure noisy and it scratches the disk T.T..Err, i usually bring my psp no matter where i go :p... Even while waiting for food :mad:..

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, I would carry it around with me all the time back in college. Time to kill inbetween classes? Flip it open and kill more shit. :p

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I heard from friends that UMD disk is not noisy at all. :p

11. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

It is to me..maybe it depends on the games itself?

12. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

I have never found the noise of the UMD spinning to be annoying at all, or noisy? :? It's spinning to access data, it's going to make some noise, and being that it's a portable product with a small form factor, a compromise between portability and noise had to be made. I can live with that.

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Another more elegant, but illegal way is via memory cards. :p

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Hmm.

Never really regarded them as noisy. :think:

15. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, if one owns the UMD then playing it thru Memory stick will not be illegal anyway -.-.. Dunno,maybe it's personal.I do notice UMD disk get some slight scratches after being run T_T

16. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

I have a fat black PSP, bought a while after launch. I got a custom firmware running on it.

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

have the si limmm version here.
    wanted to crack it since day one but am too lazy to read the instructions :p

Speaking of UMD, I once bought the wrong version of MGS: PO. was in a hurry to somewhere else so I ended up picking up the wrong version. I actually paid for the + version, which is an expansion, without realising it. I still have it with me. haihhhh. can someone -rep me? me is teh dumb!

18. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, having the slim version too. Got my psp when slim was just released :p...Well, cracking it ain't easy as it requires another psp running on custom firmware :/ Speaking of UMD..the price for 1 UMD sometimes are overpriced =/..

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, I was looking high and low for the first version of MGS PO. Kept putting it off for way too long until it became hard to find. Finally found it though... :beer:

20. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Cool..Just like the game i was looking for =_=...Super rare too >_>..end up a friend of mine posted it over :thumb: