question on External Hard Drive Problem?

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by jerrien19888, Aug 27, 2013.

1. jerrien19888

jerrien19888 Banned

I bought an external hard drive 'Samsung' a few months ago where I stored all my photos and music/movies just in case my older laptop decides to crash on me. WELL, my old laptop is still working fine, but my External hard drive went crazy!!! Everything was fine, until last week I plug it in to transfer some more photos and it no longer works!!!

My computer recognizes the drive, I can open it, but I don't see nor can I open my files. When I click on details it says 300 GB free out of 1 TB. I assume the files are there but how do I access it, or if I have to take it to a computer shop, which one would you recommend in London?

Thank you very much, and I really do hope I get at least my photos back. Thinking that this is the safest way to store photos look what happens!!
    4 months ago Report Abuse
    Additional Details
    Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my message. You all have helped me!

Just to let you know, maybe you, or someone else who will be in my situation may find my question helpful...this is the follow up: I gave my external drive to a computer geek, he confirmed the same thing, that files cannot be accessed but are there, he then downloaded Samsung's external hard drive software, Samsung automatically had backed up all my files (it's an automatic option the drive had built-in) and what must have happened he suggested that a bug has gotten into the drive, the drive hid all the files due to security, sometimes even protected by a password.... It's an automatic option to protect files (pretty cool, eh?!). Afterall after the software, the guy managed to recover ALL my files :))))))

[​IMG]

I have learned that bugs or no bugs, whatever important informtion you may have (me, it was photos), make sure you have them on a few devices! Apparently hard drives are not as safe

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013