Radeon 9800 pro

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Werne, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

All NF2 boards are facing this problem, right? Off topic again...

2. Werne

Werne Newbie

well, is there any way to solve the problem or just reset the pc?

3. drab

drab Newbie

3 new bios flashes already,and still not right!most of probs with firewire and raid.Nearly fixed,though :shock:

4. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

the NF7-S rev2.0 was reported to have fixed this problem by having a prevention measure. no guarantees that it won't occur.

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

rev1.2 also has it.
    preventation only.
    no bios FIX yet. the problem is still there.

6. Werne

Werne Newbie

Well, is this BIOS problem a pain in the ass or is it just a small problem, i.e your com hangs n all u hav 2 do is press reset and you fine again?

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

werne: it's PITA :) press the reset button will do you nothing. Your board is dead if the BIOS is corrupted.

3 ways to get it back.
    1)RMA loh.
    2)hotflash (dangerous)
    3)use a duron to boot up the machine.

Nvidia said this isn't their problem. This problem exist simply because all the mobo manufacturers decided not to include the 166/133/100 jumper on their nforce2 boards. When the BIOS corrupt, all you need to do is to change the jumper setting from 166/133 to 100. but since none of the nforce2 boards has this jumper, there is nothing you can do to fix it except rma/hotflash/use a duron as duron's default FSB is 100mhz.

8. Werne

Werne Newbie

wow! this is a real pain in the ass then! :mad:

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:)
    if you don't oc. Then there is nothing to worry about :)

10. Werne

Werne Newbie

But the thing is i wanna oc!!! But does this happen to most boards or it just depends on your luck?

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

what board are you using?
    Abit and Epox, their latest BIOS has the BIOS corruption prevention feature. Not sure about MSI, Asus and Soltek.
    If you get your stuff from US, you might as well get a BIOS backup chip.

12. Werne

Werne Newbie

Well, the thing is i have already bought an Asus a7n8x deluxe in malaysia but i dun have the board with me yet. I am quite certain tat it's not a version 2.0 board.....

13. Werne

Werne Newbie

n seriously, there is such a thing as bios back-up chips? is it bulit-in or can i buy it as add-on?

14. Werne

Werne Newbie

Shitty luck! i got ripped off in ebay for US375 for the radeon 9800 pro tat i "bought". This asshole isn't replying to my mail after i sent him the money.....

And i checked his ebay id and it states tat he doesn't have any feedbacks, however when i bought from him, he had at least 64 feedbacks....which is really strange considering u can't delete feedbacks....unless he hacked into the database.....

However, i have a friend who has a friend working in ebay, n he's gonna check it out for me......

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Oh dang, that's bad news!

16. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Did you pay by credit card? If you did, you can ask the credit card company to cancel the transaction. Even if they can't, credit card transactions are insured against fraud (up to a certain limit).

That's why it's highly advisable to use credit cards for online transactions.

17. Werne

Werne Newbie

oh well, if it's true then i better use credit cards next time for these type of online transcation! damn......i sent the money through my bank and they told me there's practically nothing that can be done.....n even if something can b done, i have to pay quite some amount so.....

18. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

wow.. that truly sucks.

Hmmm can u see if the bank can trace the money? then get information on that account??? I dnno... just a thought...

19. Werne

Werne Newbie

well, the money is traceable in the sense tat i knw which bank the money was transferred to, but i won't b able to get my money back without my bank corresponding with the other bank, n this other bank corresponds with tat asshole asking him whether he would give authorisation to transfer the money back to me. For this to happen, my bank told me tat the other bank in america would want an amount of money for this hassle and chances r, i won't get my money back!

Now wat i am pissed off is tat, in this age of the internet, how come governments dun hav laws to protect these kind of transactions? I am not sure but do anyone have any info on cyber laws?

20. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

probably internet is like a nation on it's own. countries have their own policies and have different ways of implementing rules and regulations.