RGB ... BGR ... arggggggggggggggg

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by zy, Jun 3, 2011.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

arggggggggggg I just bought my housemate's monitor.

And either mine of his must be BGR :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: Must me mine. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

What is the mean? :shock:

3. zy

pixel arrangement. the problem appears when i use cleartype font setting. either monitor will be blured. depending if which monitor is the primary monitor.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Oh, you are using two monitors at the same time? Then you really have a big problem, as I don't think you can set ClearType for each monitor... :think:

5. zy

Yes :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: ClearType cant be set seperately for either monitors. :wall: :wall: :wall:

So one monitor will be slightly blurred with ClearType enabled. Stupid NEC with the BGR strip.

6. Adrian Wong

Wow.. Must be a pretty old monitor.. Do they still sell BGR monitors these days???

7. zy

I doubt so. and yes, it is really an old monitor. I think around 8 year old??

8. Adrian Wong

Yeah, guessed as much. Even in those days, there weren't many BGR panels.

I guess your only option would be to sell one of your monitors and pair it with a new monitor using the same type of panel. Getting rid of the BGR monitor would be the obvious choice...

9. zy

Nah, I'll still use it. Just that ClearType is based on the other monitor. The other monitor isn't that good either. Dell E207WFP i think. It has unevenness lighting and picture quality isnt that good. But at least it is bigger than my current monitor. I use it for watching movies. :mrgreen: