Router timeout prob

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by 17osm17, Aug 13, 2008.

1. 17osm17

17osm17 Newbie

hi guys. i'm having problems with my Aztech DSL600EW router. I'm connected through wireless. As you can see from the pings in the pic, whenever the ping timeout to the router appears, my online game will have lag spike(stuck) for like 5 seconds and then resume again. Otherwise, it's lag free.

Is there anyway to solve this problem?

thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Did you use the router recently? as in you just got the wireless router? hmm, might be firmware problem..most likely..

3. 17osm17

17osm17 Newbie

its been used quite some time already. only last month it started to act this way.

4. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

hmm, try hard reset ur router? (warning, this will wipe out all the settings you done to the router).Weird..only recently?Might be due to firmware problems also? not too sure XD

5. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

What about external RF interference? Can you run a patch cable and see if it does the same behavior? :think:

6. 17osm17

17osm17 Newbie

ok guys. need ur help here. i wan to restore the router to factory default settings through the website interface i.e. 192.168.1.1
    I know resetting it will cause all the broadband id settings to disappear, so after i restore, will i be able to connect to the router wirelessly? Meaning to say I have no access to the physical router itself to plug in ethernet cable.

7. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

yes u will, provided all the setting is the same as before?Well,just sorta printscreen every router setting and reset it :p..it shall be easy to set it back later on ;)

8. 17osm17

17osm17 Newbie

hmm lacus,

meaning after reset i can connect to the router wirelessly to input the settings again?

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. I think it depends on the router. Most wireless routers that I know of require you to setup the wireless access using a LAN cable.

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LAN cable is definitely needed once you reset your router. Even the wireless settings will be gone.

11. 17osm17

17osm17 Newbie

ok. thanks alot.

12. 17osm17

17osm17 Newbie

ok. thanks alot.

13. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, thats why i said printscreen each page :p...Good Luck in trying :D