Router Trouble! Aztech WLAN ADSL ROuter.

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Maximus_Detritus, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

OK, I've got an Aztech WLAN Router/AP, with integrated 4-port 10/100Mbs switch. I think the model is Aztech DSL305EW c/w Wireless AP.

It keeps on disconnecting. I've tried a variety of settings, disabling/enabling DHCP, changing the DNS addreses, etc. Still likes to cut out on me.

Can anyone offer me a list of settings to implement? There are three PCs on my home network, with 2 using Fast Ethernet PCI NICs, and one using a RealTEk Gigabit Ethernet NIC (my own PC), integrated into my mobo.

EDIT : I'm using TMnet Streamyx, dialing settings 0,35. ANy help, please?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Do you mean you keep getting disconnected from Streamyx or is your wireless LAN quitting on you all the time? :think:

3. Maximus_Detritus

Keep getting DC-ed from streamyx. I have to reboot my modem alot, sometimes twice a night. It's frustrating. The Wireless AP is working fine if the Streamyx is working fine.

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

do you mean that your device get d/c from the lan via wifi too when streamyx d/c?

hmm. tried updating the firmware of the AP/dsl modem already?

5. Maximus_Detritus

The LAN is still working fine, only the internet (streamyx) just keeps getting dced.

I'll get on it. mmm. Might be a firware issue.

6. Adrian Wong

You should also report this to TMNet. It could be a port issue.

I experienced something similar. My connection kept disconnecting every 15 mins or so.

They changed the modem but it didn't work. Ended up it was the port on TMNet's end. :doh:

7. Maximus_Detritus

OK, thanks Boss. Will be following up with TMNet.

8. Maximus_Detritus

OK, have spoekn with TMNet, and they say nothign is wrong on their side. Now another problem has cropped up. I can still connect to MSN, Yahoo (My IM) programs, but i cant SURF!

Each time i type in an add in my browser and try to surf, all i get is a 'network problem' pop up in Opera. ANy ideas?

9. Adrian Wong

Okay, had that problem before. All I did to restore the connection was to reboot my 3Com router.

If you cannot get into your router to reboot it, then just turn it off and turn it back on.

10. Maximus_Detritus

I know, thats what i currently do now. BUt is there a permanent fix? We have a home network spread out over two floors, with the router and one connected PC downstairs, and two connected PCs upstairs (mine being one of them).

Its just a real hassle to go downstairs each time it happens. Which is almost always once or twice a night. ANy idea on whats causing it? and how to fix it?

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Is that DNS server problem? or settings?

12. Maximus_Detritus

I have no idea. My DNS settings are the same as the one TM Net gave me. I;ve also set the router to auto-detect DNS settings. Hmmm. ANy other ideas?

13. Adrian Wong

Well, I think it's your router problem, not Streamyx since your ICQ is still connected.

What you can try is manually go to the driver setting of each WiFi device (if you have any) and LAN card you have and set the speed to a single speed, instead of allowing it to auto-detect.

In other words, set all your WiFi cards to 11b and all your LAN cards to 100mbps. I once had a problem with the router running. After troubleshooting for days, I finally solved it just be setting my LAN card to use 100mbps, instead of auto-detect.

I will ask my brother to check this thread out. He's into networking.

14. Maximus_Detritus

Thanks Boss. Will be playing around with the settings later on.... because it seems to be running ok at the moment.

15. jwsk

jwsk Newbie

I've also encountered similar problems with my DLink DSL-604+ wireless router. The only workaround to this is to disable the DNS Proxy. Your router will hang after an interval of time as some applications tend to fill up the DNS Proxy memory with DNS resolutions.

Once you disable the DNS Proxy, your wireless router should work without disconnecting you.

Let me know if this works for you on your Aztech wireless router.

16. Maximus_Detritus

I left the DNS Proxy on, and i tried setting the IP addresses manually for all the PCs on the network, but left the DHCP on. And it seems to work fine now (=

Anymore problems, i'll post em here.

17. racd

racd Newbie

problem too

I too have problem with this router but its problem with the wireless connection and not the streamyx connection. My wireless connection keeps dying on me. Sometimes I need to reboot or reconnect 5 times in an hour. Can anyone help me?

18. Adrian Wong

Are you using any P2P software?

19. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Waste no time, don't rely on TM, well, as you know, Aztech does not produce good modems, THREE of my previous Aztech fried without lightning strike, and thats it, time for Linksys.

When you feel that your connection is dropping frequeenty, borrow a modem and test, if it works, then its your modem, if it does not, could be port problem or your pc, then you need to test your modem at someone's house.

And when you lodge a report, just tell them that you have done all the normal troubleshooting, flushdns, pull plug, renew ip, all those unnecesary steps which got nothing to do at all with your problem