ScrewAttack: Top 10 FPS Games Ever!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zenphic, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

2. rachit2652

rachit2652 Newbie

wandering why goldeneye tops???????? IT should have been crysis....you know.

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

From what I understand, Crysis didn't really bring in any great ideas to the FPS genre, besides great eye candy.

4. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

What the list should have been. :cool:

10. System Shock 2
    9. Outlaws
    8. Half-Life 2
    7. Max Payne
    6. Mafia
    5. Alien Vs. Predators 2
    4. Deus ex
    3. Delta Force
    2. Marathon
    1. Golden Eye

5. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

To be honest you can't really narrow things down to 10 and call it fair.
    My list would definitely include FEAR, Half Life (the original), STALKER, Bioshock, Max Payne and COD4 (the only modern COD). From the old games there's no denying the original Doom and Outlaws deserve a place but Deus Ex too grand and sophisticated to be bunched with the other FPSes.

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well Max Payne is a Third Person Shooter technically. :p

I don't like Doom 3. They should have used the original instead.

Some tactical shooters on the list would have been nice as well (Rainbow 6 et al).

7. Spanner

Spanner Newbie

I definitely think they should have included the original Half-life, until i played that i was not into PC gaming...After i finished that i played through all the expansions...It rocked back in 1998/1999.....

8. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

The original Half Life felt revolutionary to me. It was so fresh, and different when I was released. I played the original, the expansions and dozens of mods. HL2, despite being a great game doesn't have that unique "top ten material" sparkle to it. I mean if they replaced HL2 with original HL in the list nobody would complain.

Oh yes max payne is a third person shooter but it's definitely special. The first person narration is simply in a different league from other shooters. In a way it deserves a deus ex kind of status. An example of doing things right.

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL! My post didn't get thru. I wanted to say the same thing, Max Payne is not FPS.

Doom, Quake are the real classics.

Is Mafia FPS also?

10. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

i think Half life is the first fps game i like the most when i play on my pentium 2 system. another one is AVP2 and Deus Ex. both of them kick my ass and i need some energy drinks to keep me from throwing.

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Mafia is third person as well.

I really have no arguments that Max Payne is an AWESOME game. Infact, I just bought 1 and 2 thru Steam a while back.

I agree that HL should really have been on that list as well.

12. Chai

While COD4 is a great game, but I didn't think it deserves the top 10. It should have been one of the earlier WW2 games like MOHAA or something.

I always feel that the pioneer should be in that list, not the later installments like Doom3, which was a disappointment IMO. I was a big Doom3 fan before it was released. :lol:

13. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

i think i miss out one great game also. Enemy of wolfenstein (if i spell correctly) that one is also a great FPS game i ever played shoointg nazi demon.

14. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

15. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Yes, the original games where, but I found and applied a fps mod to both. Max Payne is significantly harder in fps mode. :faint:

16. Chai

Maybe we should post the top 10 TPS games. :p

17. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

I have no soul according to #2 :cry:

18. bobletman

bobletman Newbie

I have to say its a pretty nice list but I would have put half life higher.

19. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

That's gonna be really hard :faint:

20. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I wasn't too impressed either, but I'm guessing it's because I didn't have max details on so it wasn't as nice as it should have been :doh: