Share your experience with external battery packs

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by delessy, Sep 29, 2013.

1. delessy

delessy Newbie

It's annoying when my phone/tab go dead and there isn't any wall power source around. Then an external battery pack is a must have. I'm looking for an external battery pack then I can put it in my bag as backup power when out for camping. I've tried Anker Astro E4, but it can't charge my tab. :roll: Anyone has a good external battery?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Actually, any power bank would do, as long as you make sure it's the genuine article. If you look in this thread - http://forums.techarp.com/general-hardware/27303-beware-fake-power-banks.html, you can see that there are many fakes in the market.

Also, to faster recharge a tablet, make sure the powerbank can support an output of 2A.

The smaller powerbanks usually have only a single USB output that delivers 1A. You will need a larger powerbank that has two outputs. Usually one of them will deliver 2A. That's what you need to recharge your tablet.

3. delessy

delessy Newbie

Thanks Adrian. I've read your thread. That's horrible.

I've purchased one of the RAVPower 14000mAh from Amazon. They were running promotion on it and I paid $37.99 after the provided coupon code.
    There's two USB output ports, one delivers 1A and the other delivers 2A. I use 1A for my phone and the 2A for my tablet. I've used it for a few days, no problems so far.

4. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

Am using Xiaomi powerbank. Loving it so far

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Me too. Easily the best powerbank so far, even if it is double the price!