Sims 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by .:.Vox.:., Jun 4, 2004.

?

Will you buy the Sims 2 when it comes out on the 17th of September' 04?

1. Sure Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No Way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Must see how much is it lar~

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Er. What is the Sims 2? Haven heard of it man.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. .:.Vox.:.

.:.Vox.:. Newbie

:wave: Hiyee people..
    Sims 2 Forum's main objective is to erm talk about the Sims2, the newly anticipating sequel after the Sims. You can post questions or whatever you want :) You may only talk about Sims 2. Hope the forum goes well ar :dance:

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

well, i will get sims 2.. but most probably out of curiosity lor.. hahaha. it's probably one of those games tat you'd just need to try and play at least once... :p

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Sims 2.. My cousin will surely grab this one. She is a MASSIVE Sims fan! :mrgreen:

4. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

:thumb: Im also a sims freak. WILL BUY it. :thumb:

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I always make the sims look very stupid and let them live in a stupid looking house :haha:

6. .:.Vox.:.

eh from yr accent - 'lor' ..u singaporean too? LOL :lol: yes sims2's must a sure buy! its so kewl~.. and im so happy tt u ppl hav posted on this 1day old forum :thumb: .promise to keep it going! :beer:

7. .:.Vox.:.

LOL u did? pity e sims .. lol jk.. anyway i make my sims look real clever and live in a super clever house :silenced: he he. keep e forum going ppl~!

8. .:.Vox.:.

hi five ^^ lolxxx! we'll wait patiently.. cant help dancin' :dance: ahhaha

9. .:.Vox.:.

really! ye! another simfanatic!! :thumb: maybe u, a-drien shld get one too :silenced: nah jk. and rem e m30 a-drien? .. yes im using that to play the sims2 .. hehe. my current PC is dying. and too ol' for e sims2 so sad :cry: and tts why i chose m30 in e first place becos of its geforce go5200 he he he ..but heard u all say that e machine gets preetty hot after some gameplay ye? gosh! :pray:

10. .:.Vox.:.

:arp: To keep the forum going really well, I’ve decided to post some FAQs from the chat transcripts right off the Sims 2 Official Web and I’ve got them really summarised. Every new post I make, will be about a new Sims 2 sub topic. And remember, to catch all hot-off-the-pan Sims 2 information and FAQs right here at Adrian’s Rojak Pot Community Forum!

11. .:.Vox.:.

:arp: Hello and welcome to today’s post with me, Vox here at A.R.P.C.F. (Adrian’s Rojak Pot Community Forum). Today, I’ll be talking about Bella and the rest of the Goth family as well as Bob & Betty Newbie.

Why will the Goths and Newbies return on the Sims 2?
    It wouldn’t be a sims game without them!

Has the Goth’s house changed?
    Yep. The game can build a much better house for them now though it’s stil a lil’ creepy. And oh ya, Bella got promoted a few times and they got more $$$.

Will the Goths have relatives considering that there will be a family tree? Does Bella have a single sister..?
    Yes and we’ll know more about the Goths.

Is Bella elderly now?
    She is still an adult.

Will Bella have more kids?
    No. She could, but decided not to.

Does Bella stil wear that charismatic and sexy dress?
    Yes. The new one has many more polygons.

Will Bella or Mortimer look different?
    Yes. They both look way better.

Why did Bella marry Mortimer in e first place?
    He was her brother’s best friend you see.

Will Bella and Mortimer actually be able to interact with Cassandra? They didn’t in Sims 1 ya’ know.
    Absolutely they would.

Has Cassandra changed? Is she stil a goodie-2-shoes?
    Cassandra is a teenager now.

For Cassandra, is she actually made from scratch now or did Bella and Mortimer mix?
    Mixed DNA that is.

Will Cassandra’s glasses get removed somehow when she gets older or…?
    Glasses are accessories.

Can my sims visit Bella in Bella’s house?
    Sure.

Can you have an affair with Bella?
    Ye sure but watch out for Mortimer.

Can we buy a wig for Bob Newbie?
    No. but a hat?

Can Bob work out and get some abs? Or is he always fat?
    He could get fit but he doesn’t want though.

:arp: Well that’s all for today’s post. I’ll have more updates and I have had some requests of screenshots of the new Goths and Newbies. I will post them up really soon! Do not be shy to post questions and comments! :clap:

12. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

BTW, played GBA's the sims :mrgreen: quite nice :lol:

13. .:.Vox.:.

really... wow so good.. i nv get to try it though. good for u he he ;)

14. .:.Vox.:.

:arp: Okie. So after Bella, Betty and company, the next 6 sub topic posts coming up will be about the 6 key life phases – Infant, Toddler, Child, Teen, Adult and Elder.
    ... :| Actually I do not really know what to erm put under my own erm forum you see. I do not want to make e forum boring. I want my sims2forum to be a blast with many people makin posts he he.. so, any suggestions what I can do? Provide info..? or…? Thanks people. And when e game ships which is about 3months away, I will put up reviews about how e game goes after that :mrgreen:

15. .:.Vox.:.

:arp: I’ve got news about e release date. Everyone knows it will be shippin in on e 17th in the U.S. :hand: but does anybody know it will be the same for us too, wherever c'try you are?! :!: If not, it will be shipped in within 4days after e 17th!! ..really excited lol. :drool:

:arp: And Sims Bustin' Out is on N-Gage too. thats soooo cooOol :whistle:

16. .:.Vox.:.

:arp: 6 Key Life Phases #1 Infant
    Babies eat, sleep and cry. They move around, puke and make a mess. They have motive bars. Some special interactions adults have with babies are things like teaching them to walk (if e baby isn’t taught how to walk, they figure it out as they grow up though but it wouldn’t be fun if we didn’t have to teach them dont u think), talk, potty train them (er what if they aren’t taught how to . . .omg r u thinking what im thinking? *lol* oh and they will rem that their parents did not take care of them), change their diapers (unless you want them smelling like a sewer, you will and diapers are supplied by Maxis Pte Ltd), changed, bathed and put to sleep. Plus carrying them, tossing them in the air and catching them safely,and of course feeding them etc. Some babies can be fussier than others too. The clothes of a baby are changeable but we’ll not be able to control baby’s actions. Babies can be born out of affairs and since there are genetics in-game, it will be interesting to see who the baby looks like.

17. .:.Vox.:.

:arp: 6 Key Life Phases #2 Toddler
    Toddler’s clothes are changeable. The toddler stage will be pretty short. Maxis ppl are stil tuning this but right now they are letting them grow up to children in about 5 sim days. Toddlers will special toys, including xylophone, teddy bear and building blocks. Toddlers will not be able to fly around on a ceiling fan. Though, the Maxis people have been reminded about that. Toddlers do not and will not be able to wear glasses. There is also a daycare for Toddlers which means players can now hire the Nanny unlike in Sims 1. Toddlers can go with Adults to Community lots.

18. .:.Vox.:.

:arp: 6 Key Life Phases #3 Child
    Maxis ppl are working on a variety of objects that are appropriate for Sims of all ages. As for children, I’m not sure what objects they have. A lot more attention from SimFans were spent on the rest of e phases excluding Elder and Child I should say, as through chat transcripts and er faqs from all webbies, both phases were less mentioned. Children/Kids will be able to have crushes and stuff. Children can have glasses. Kids now have backpack but no cellphones. Something that sounds handy though. Kids cannot make mud pies for their parents on their birthdays but they have a play oven. If they are not very skilled at play/cooking they can burn things. When some kids spy in their bathroom windows, it lowers their social score.

19. .:.Vox.:.

:arp: 6 Key Life Phases #4 Teen
    Ah teen… Maxis’s got The First Kiss this time round in The Sims 2, bet you can’t wait to try it out! Players can do a lot of kissing as a teen. Teens have to stick together meaning, Teens cannot get into a relationship with Adults. Adults and Elders can get together. But when two Teens are in love and one of them ages to an adult, the Teen will still be in love with the Adult but not for long. Teen can have a crush on an Adult but more, No. Teens can get jobs. They don’t get paid really well but they’ll get a good start on their career! A big part of the gameplay is developing skills and careers through a lifetime. Teens are able to run away from home. They will come back home once in a while to and it’s up to the parents to get them back you see. Or they can move out too. Teens can have parties. They cannot get drunk as there is no alcohol or tobacco in the game but trouble with the cops, yes. Teens cooking skills are not very good but they can grow their skills like Adults do. They can have sleepovers and they will sleep on the regular beds and not sleeping bags or whatever.

20. .:.Vox.:.

6 Key Life Phases #5 Adult
    A male sim may turn bald upon his transition from an Adult to a Senior. Adults can move out. Female Sim can propose to men. Adults can only lecture their children as there is no adult towards children violence in game.