Sims 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by .:.Vox.:., Jun 4, 2004.

?

Will you buy the Sims 2 when it comes out on the 17th of September' 04?

1. Sure Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No Way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Must see how much is it lar~

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Er. What is the Sims 2? Haven heard of it man.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jinongman

jinongman Newbie

post review !! :wave:

2. .:.Vox.:.

.:.Vox.:. Newbie

eh i will post a review of it ASAP.. and i got my sims2 original on the 14th! has anybody got it? i know 403fobby has got it =D

3. sherwin

sherwin Newbie

Got my copy as well on the 14th :dance: :clap:

1 person likes this.
  4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

ohh... i havent tried... :(

5. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Hmm, i wasn't a great fan of the original, but I'm willing to give the sequel a go. All the gaming websites say all the aspects of the game have been improved, so why not? (=

6. 403fobby

403fobby Newbie

Short Review:

Ok guys, i know MANY fans out there has been DIEING for this game! well guess what, it's worth all the hype!! the game it self is so perfect, I should say PURE. Thats how good the game is. But keep in mind, no games are PERFECT, all tho the game is nearly perfect, there's still down side of it.

After playing the game for 4 days, I've pretty much got the hang of it.

Goods :

Whole new 3D camera mode : allows user to rotate the camera ( using , and . buttons or on the UCP ), as well as up and down meaning above the sim, or eye level with the sim ( Wheel Mouse Click, then move up or down with the mouse, not wheel), not only that, it allows us to ZOOOM all the way in so the Sim is basically full screened (fits the whole screen), this is done by rolling the mouse wheel up and down )

Smarter Sims : If some of you can recap, The Sims 1, sim don't really know to move out of the way so people can get in a room or to a place, but NOW, the sims will know to walk away to let others sims pass, instead of saying "shoo" and stand there and not do a thing!.

Graphics : WONDERFUL, although my computer can't handle every bells and wistles, it still looks AWESOME!, so if you can imagine, every graphic options set to low YET the graphics are WICKED. There's even light shining on top of shinny objects, for example, tables, some of those a grafites, and if there's any light source, you can SEE the reflected lights, making the game SUPER realistic. And guess what, even mirrors are able to see the sims reflection! so now we can see our sims in the mirror! WOO

Sims Appearance : This is a major upgrade from the orginial, now, users been able to edit the face of the Sims, from ears to eyes, from cheeks to mouth, and everything you can imagine on our face. Adjusting these settings, our Sims will look "unique" instead of all the same, and there are quite a bit of premade clothes and acesseries to put on the sims (we can always make more, follow the tutorial on the official website TheSims2.Com ), also, in the aspect of clothing and appearance, we can now choose their clothings for different situations, for example, Formal dress for balls or parties, Underwears, Swim Suits, etc. BTW, when you make a sim, and rotate them, their hairs MOVE!! how COOOL? After making the appearance, we'll get an option to choose his/her aspiration, and set their personality.

Building Houses : WOW this is one of my favourest part of the game, we now have an option of building basements!! (haven't tried it yet, but i heard you can play around with the dock and terran level), Now we have the ability to build the houses on a Dock, which means we get a little raised level on wood, and it looks darn nice! The walls are also revised, being able build like a triangle, which we can't in the original. We have a vast variety of doors and windows to choose from (even their colors!!), and there's actually 2 floor windows!

Community lots : Now we can build community lost, where sims can buy new clothes, groceries, and meet up with other people.

Mini Movie Scenes : During every first time special events that happen, there will be a movie like film showing, it's nice to have such thing in the game to make the game more overwhelming to players. These movies happens during special events like i said, for example, Birthdays (growing older), on the bed trying for babies (dont worry, u can't see the action! =P), although these mini movies are rather short, yet they add another level of gameplay to the game.

Aspiration : Fortune, Fame, Knowledge, Romance, Family, what will your sims be? It's up to the players to choose, and manage! every aspiration has it's own set of Wants and Fears that the player can Fulfil or Realise. Everyday (simday), the wants and fears will change, but we're able to Lock up ONE of the wants to fulfil, for example, a Family sim is pregnant, lock the Want to have the baby, and this way, she'll gain Reward Points to buy Reward Objects!

Details : In The Sims 2, many small details are very very realistic, for example, sim's hair now moves (like i said earlier), food actually LOOK like food, sims not only know how to cook 1 meal, he/she will learn more and more by studying in the Cooking section (book), and Fridge will have stuff inside, and every so and then, we'll have to restock the food, or they will starve!! (phone, internet, community lot). Sims now have facial expressions (happy, sad, wats next?). They react more real now, being noticable around his/her surroudings. When they walk by something, they turn their heads to look at it for a second or two. When they have a baby, they will at first, sick -like, meaning, she goes to the washroom and just throw up in the toilet. and her belly will widen up.

Bad :

High system requirements : with the minimum specs (1Ghz higher, 256Mb Ram, Radeon 7000 higher), You'll be playing the lowest settings (800x600, all graphics options turned down), yet will be laggy. I have somehwat above normal specs (2.53Ghz, 512Ram, 9200SE) and i have to play all low settings, but thank GOD no lag. The game it self crashes every so often if your graphic card can't handle the level you set the game at.

-

Conclusion? : 95/100, wonderful game, Like the people over at maxis says, You're only limited by your imagination!

Feel free to ask any questions where I will TRY to answer them, because up til now, I'm pretty sure I still haven't touched every parts of the game, because the game is THAT BIG.

-

update : 20-09-2004 12:00

Community Lots : WOW this is one big upgrade of the game, when you're on the lot, you are really like in a mall. There's people (random) all over the place, and they talk, eat, shop, buy stuff, and best of all, there's music like in malls! How real!

Babies : My wife and I just had a baby girl, when she was born, there was one of those mini movies i talk about earlier, WOW that was nice, very cute. Now the options are very wide compared to the original sims, it was limited with the babies options, but NOW, we can do much more with the babies, Hold them, Cuddle them, put them in a crib, change diapers, hire a nanny (when you're away such as both parents working, or out in a community lot buying groceries), feed, bath them and more.

-

update : 21-09-2004

Level of Difficullty : To play with all 8 players (maximum per household), it's nearly impossible. In The Sims 1, sims' needs are basically all you need to satisfy, plsu, they stay up a little longer than they are in The Sims 2, but aside from that, we now have aspirations. We have to try and keep them happy, and do as they will, therefore made the game a bit harder. Also, I've told you about my baby girl yesterday, today, she grew into a toddler, which made the game a mile harder, reason being, she makes her parents go CRAZY, i haven't had a good night sleep for DAYS, she cries once she wants something to be fulfilled such as, changin diapers, or getting her bottle. But worste, if you let her out from her crib, she'll run into the washrooms and play with the toilets making a mess everywhere.

Once again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will be glad to answer them.

Oh and one more thing, anyone reading my little review? LOL i hope i'm not reviewing for my own good, feedbacks would be nice :lol:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  7. lung

lung Just Started

Wow that's a terrific rundown of the game there, 403fobby! :thumbs:

Now I'm wondering if I should go and buy the game... Really wanted to play it but now don't really have the time (playing tonnes of other games) and main thing is don't know if my system specs are up for it... :(

8. .:.Vox.:.

heh. thankss 403fobby for the reeviewww =ppp

9. 403fobby

403fobby Newbie

Hm....then maybe you should finish the other games first, cause in this game, let's say you'll never finish, cause it's not an rpg, you dont have a mission, or something to complete, it's just generations after generations, and so on.

system specs :

this is really what I've been gathering around

people with 1.5Ghz works ok IF you have a good graphic card
    ie. anything above the 9600 level (with 128Mb or more)

Ram is really good, it'll speed up the games' load times, before i upgraded (256 to 512), the game took like 3 minutes to load, but now, WOW speedy, but keep in mind when upgrading, you should be fimiliar with your chipset, some chipset can't handle dual channels, therefore, consult to your computer chipset first.

diskpace is really 3.0Gb or ever less, depend on the stuff you download and make.

My system specs are :

2.53Ghz Celeron D
    512Mb PC2700 @ 333Mhz
    30Gb HD 5400rpm
    PCI Radeon 9200SE 128Mb (piece of CRAP)

bottom line, so if you have anything close to my specs, you'll do fine with the game but have to turn down all the bells and whistles and run at 800 x 600. But this depends more on the graphic card i believe.

10. 403fobby

403fobby Newbie

Thanks!! HAHAH, where's yours? I'll be waiting to read it :D

11. lung

lung Just Started

Guess my rig should be able to play it fine... But don't think I'll buy the game anytime soon... As I've said, not in a hurry to play it... :) And besides the DVD version are all sold out, so are the t-shirt giveaways... So might as well wait until it gets into the bargain bin. :D

12. 403fobby

403fobby Newbie

LUCKILY, i got the DVD edition first day it was instock! :D , and i heard somewhere that's it's limited edition too? i'm not sure, but it's definitely better than the CD version, cuz it has a Bonus Disk in it, with goodies, and interviews, for some rason, the disc has Sims 1 commercial, and not The Sims 2 commercials...wierd

13. .:.Vox.:.

hey fobby.. my friend got the DVD Edition too but he couldnt play it on his computer... dont know why. btw how much did u pay when u buy.

14. lung

lung Just Started

I managed to reserve a copy of the DVD edition with www.gamers.com.my! :thumb:
    Will pick it up tomorrow... Price should be RM149... Comes with a free t-shirt! (yes, they're still in stock!)

Can't wait! :mrgreen:

15. 403fobby

403fobby Newbie

$59.99 Canadian Dollars, well worth every penny

is that friend of yours having the DVD problem? or system problems? cuz i mean he needs WAY wat is mentioned for the system specs listed on the sims 2 site to be able to play....

Minimum from maxis :

800Mhz +
    Radeon 7000 higher
    256Mb RAM

ALL that is wrong
    so tell him, to seriously upgrade if he has a computer near that spec

Wat i think should be system spec:

1.5Ghz
    9600 +
    512Mb Ram

16. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

aihh. time to go find 101 ways to kill them..........

17. jinongman

jinongman Newbie

can't wait to play it after spm...
    was always a sims fan.. among all my friends last time.. i was like.. the only one that played that game for more than a year...
    but just couldn't keep up with the expansion packs tho...

1 person likes this.
  18. .:.Vox.:.

.. i had twins. i was so happy for a moment. but these soon turned into a disaster!!! even the nanny couldnt handle the babies. .. .... zz

19. jinongman

jinongman Newbie

aaahhh..
    didn't know sims2 need 4 cds....
    :cry:

20. .:.Vox.:.

eh it shows how big it is. ~.~ have you bought your copy? =P