Sims 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by .:.Vox.:., Jun 4, 2004.

?

Will you buy the Sims 2 when it comes out on the 17th of September' 04?

1. Sure Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No Way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Must see how much is it lar~

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Er. What is the Sims 2? Haven heard of it man.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 403fobby

403fobby Newbie

i kno what u mean! it was a dissaster! but luckily they grow into child fast.

1 person likes this.
  2. .:.Vox.:.

.:.Vox.:. Newbie

ya!!! u could feeel how i really feeel huh X.X .. hmmm and i thgt the adoption agency could help. i called them and pressed "ESC". before i knew it, i had another child in the hsehold!!! .. ive now got second thgts abt playing that family again :S

1 person likes this.
  3. 403fobby

403fobby Newbie

hahha, it's nice to stick with a smaller family, and luckily, my kids grew up, no more hell living!

4. lung

lung Just Started

This game ROCKS! Vast improvement over the original Sims... Actually not that vast, but good enough!

Just started having a child but unfortunately my main sim got into the 'cannot chat' bug already... Ah well immortality has its price LOL. Then there's the 'invisible guest' bug... Anyone ran into these bugs before? Any workaround? Man I hope Maxis releases a patch fast!!

5. 403fobby

403fobby Newbie

hm...cannot chat and invisible guests huh? well nope i personall haven't ran into these bugs, my game runs nearly perfect. Btw wat u mean by cannot chat bug? and invisible guests? explain more so i kno wat u mean :)

6. lung

lung Just Started

Well they're everywhere on the official BBS forums :)

Anyway on the invisible guests... Something like when your sim came back from work, sometimes they'll bring along a friend, right? On rare occassion, the guest is invisible. Meaning you can't see them, you can't click them, but you know they're there, walking around and doing stuffs... Because certain objects in the house move around as if someone is using it!

On the 'cannot chat' case... This is a much severe bug. Happens especially when you try to immortalise your sim by drinking lots of elixirs of life... Somehow, at a certain point, your sim will no longer be able to chat or do anything related to it. Wut will happen is the moment you try to chat, the sim will cancel that action and just stand there. Example is the telephone... Try to call someone up and 'talk'. In a split second, your sim will hang up the phone. Another example is to eat with someone on the same table. As soon as your sim sits, he will suddenly appeared next to the table, standing. Your sim can still eat alone, though...

My other sims are staying clear of the elixir of life until Maxis releases a patch... Now I'll just let my 'infected' Sim die of old age... :lol:

7. 403fobby

403fobby Newbie

Ok i've JUST encountered the invisble guest bug!! but it's NOT the way you had it, mine was starting a NEW family, and guests come welcome me to neighbor, well, the bug was triggered by greeting the guests, then have them walk into this narrow way, and say goodbye to all, and they get stuck, then they will become invisible and leave.

The can't talk part...hm...wierd, dat'll teach u not to use too much of anything! LOL

8. Sims 2 toilet bug: Cannot move object in use

heya all....

im so so sad today. i have a really good home and worked my way to the top of the career and i dranked lots of elixir of life, but i STILL can chat, that didnt give me a problem .

HOWEVER, i got a toilet upstairs and it was working fine before, but today i get my sim to use it, the command comes up on the top left screen and then it just disappears. After countless attempts, i tried to DELETE the toilet, but it says cannot move / delete object in use, but theres no sim using it ! and so i thought it was the Invisible guest, so i waited and waited but still cannot. even if its the invisible guest he cant be using the toilet the whole day rite?>

and so i quit the game and start again, thats when the boo boo comes, my screen HANGED with the camera on the toilet and it just wont start. Ive tried this like a zillion times restarting the game but im so stuck. I cant play anymore. i havent even got a baby! Help anyone! is this a bug?

9. 403fobby

403fobby Newbie

The best solution is, start another family, and wait until maxis create a patch(which they are working on right now) then play the family once the bugs fixed.

10. lung

lung Just Started

Try moving the family out and back in again... If I'm not mistaken you can do that thru the neighbourhood screen... But when you move out your family all your assets will be converted to money and thus you will lose all your furniture (not so bad afterall considering your toilet bowl is bugged anyway lol)

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Is there a DVD version of this game?

12. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Uhh... :shifty: I found a DVD version... :wicked: But not an official retail one... :wicked:

13. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

Yes, the special edition or whatever is on DVD. My sister has that version.