Singapore invading Malaysia?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by CleanSerious5, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Ginglith

Ginglith Newbie

I seriously dont' think singapore can conquer us. Militarily sg is strong and they can mobilise the NS forces. I think your military strength is in defense.. It would be difficult for malaysia to attack you that's for sure. Sg probably own3z us at urban guerilla warfare..

but then again.. I heard you get your water supply from Johor ? Or we can fire durians into your country. Or let loose one of those huge rats in subang. I'm sure the SG kids will be so fascinated with the 'wildlife'.

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Bombed their airfield and the bridge connecting Malaysia and Singapore and they will be gone. Maybe their port too. :lol:

3. lung

lung Just Started

What a funny thread!

Anyway... For some clarifications...

In terms of Air Force, M'sia has much superior fighters like the MiG-29 and the F-16. But only limited units available :lol: On average, I think S'pore has better technology.

In terms of Navy, do you guys know that the M'sian submarines, docked at Lumut, CANNOT function? I hope I don't get detained by ISA for saying this, but once my friend visited the navy base there (some educational trip) and the people there told my friend that some components of the submarines are damaged, immobilising them. They have no idea how to fix it, and seems like they don't bother at all.

Anyway, if it's just M'sia vs. S'pore, I think M'sia will win hands down. Total men in the M'sian army is probably equivalent to the total population of S'pore already. But if there are outside help, most definitely S'pore will win cause there IS a US base nearby. Unless maybe the M'sian army switch their style to guerilla warfare and repeat the Vietnam war scenario :)

On the reality side, S'pore will NEVER ever invade M'sia. M'sia on the other hand, depending on the leader at that time (so far I don't see any fanatical leader, good :thumb: but if one day a leader like Saddam Hussein takes over M'sia...) may invade S'pore. Just like the China-Taiwan situation. ;)

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

We can have Malaysian spies in Singapore too. Attack them from within. :dance:

5. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

I think you meant F18 Hornet instead of F16........ :mrgreen:

6. lung

lung Just Started

Oh, ya... Thanks for the correction! :)

7. Ginglith

Ginglith Newbie

we already have our infiltrators..

you know phua chu kang ? It's a secret that he's sent there to deteriorate the level of Singaporean English to a level where it is no longer competitive with Malaysia.

shhhhhhhh....

8. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

harrhahahahaaaaa.....dis thread is soooo funny!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    even if s'pore activate their whole population 2 attack m'sia... their national service ppl...dun think they can win la....
    most NS ppl are softies...go real combat guarantee run away... :dance: :dance: :dance:
    cs5 u got go NS or not???....wat did u do there?? :think:
    if realli come attack m'sia... u dare or not?? :whistle: :whistle: :mrgreen:

9. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

haiya.. just cut of water supply and let them drink their own $h!7 water ... settle.. a war tat never happenend..

ookok- for fun only ya... no hard feelings :p

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Kiasu and kiasi is their No. 1 motto. :dance: Enough said.

11. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

how come cs5 so quiet...???....u all scare him i think.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

So many Malaysians, we look like bullying already. :lol:

13. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

just the word "Kiasi" will tell you there won't be a war.

14. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

ya...so we agree...s'pore cannot defeat m'sia...but if we attack them....can we beat them?? :think:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Can I think. But have to surround them at night. And have to get spies there first before we attack. :D Just like what they did at 911. :whistle:

16. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, I have relatives in Singapore. I heard from them long time ago that in the event that war was possible, Singapore will launch a first strike and attempt to reach as far as Muar, Johor with their light armoured force. This will allow them to fight on Malaysian soil, instead of Singaporean soil.

Of course, it is a risky approach since the Malaysian army has a few bases in Johor and, of course, we rule in jungle warfare. But there's always the element of surprise. That's why if they strike, they will strike suddenly, fast and decisively. Their objective - Muar at the minimum.

About naval warfare, well, there's no doubt our Navy sucks. That's why I posted some time ago that Malaysia should think about upgrading the Navy, instead of just the Air Force. We can't even handle piracy in the Straits of Malacca, what more Singapore.

Honestly, I don't think the submarines on both sides will do much in any conflict. There are too few of them and they cannot directly contribute to conflict itself. Submarines are usually weapons of blockade, not assault.

Regarding SAMs, well, I recall Singapore has an old SAM system but even in the event they have a modern SAM system, it isn't really a problem. Why? Well, until recently, our air force can really be called an air farce. Helicopters and planes dropping out of the sky due to technical or pilot errors.

Of course, now that we have MiG-29s, our Air Force is a lot better equipped but I still wonder about training... :think: I have to be honest. I still think the SAF is better trained.

Anyway, Singapore is just across a small stretch of water. Malaysia does not need to send expensive fighters to bomb them. We can just lob artillery shells from our shore to hit targets up to 30km deep into Singapore. Of course, we can only target the northern part of Singapore but that should be enough to secure a "beach head". :thumb:

17. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

This thread is as interesting as it gets. I hope all this is for light banter and nothing serious because I sure as hell don't want any of you to get into trouble by saying all this stuff on a public forum. :D

Now, allow me to provide some of my insights regarding this invasion plan.

CS5, you must really be smoking something serious to be thinking about something so well... strange. Both nations have nothing to win from invading one another.

Economically, both are competitors and if both were to go to war, this will only give more advantage to other countries in the region to profit. Politically, both have been "arguing" for such a long time that we (Malaysia and Singapore) seem like a married couple that haven't had $ex for years already. Nothing serious to the point of killing one another!

So I do not see a motivation for an invasion unless some lunatic were to take over Malaysia or Singapore. Now that is more plausible.

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Have to disagree with this. A few submarines can sink a few aircraft carrier. :haha: Serious...

Hmm... maybe Malaysia should get a few aircraft carrier. How much does one cost anyway? :think:

Element of surprise? I think spies are still the cheapest way to hit them from within. Steal their secrets and pilot their aircraft to hit them kamikaze style. :shhh: :mrgreen:

19. Nerd@133FSB

Nerd@133FSB Newbie

hmmm...
    subs wont be a problem since they will have problems because of stuck rubbish in their props and stuff... :idea:

20. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

singapore dun have aircraft carrier!!! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: